s-pipe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s-pipe...

I am confused about the s-pipe. My understanding is that it is the pipe between the i-pipe and the cat. It is not listed in the modification encyclopedia though and cat-back exhausts seem to come with only an i-pipe, muffler, and tips. Is the s-pipe part of the i-pipe?

I need a 3" s-pipe. I can get one made at the local Midas, but it won't be mandrel bent. What will the diameter of the pipe be in the bends if I don't get it mandrel bent? Thanks for any help.
    Bruce<br />2000 Silver 3.8L V6 Camaro M5<br />183.1 rwhp / 220.5 rwtq

yeah i think someone just decided to start calling that the S-pipe when it is really not the name for it.

Ypipe collecter cat ipipe muffler is how ive always known it

Comment

Well, I wanted to know if it is part of the i-pipe because if it is I know there are a lot of 3" i-pipes available I can order. Is the "s-pipe" that goes from the cat, bends twice, and goes under the tunnel brace a part of the i-pipe, or is it separate?
      Bruce<br />2000 Silver 3.8L V6 Camaro M5<br />183.1 rwhp / 220.5 rwtq

Comment

Alot of people call it the S-pipe since alot of times muffler shops replace the part of the I-pipe from this section back (where the exhaust is straight), so it had to be made clear what part of the exhaust was modded or not. The S-pipe is at the front, and on a true cat-back exhaust, is all part of the I-pipe (often times the over-axle pipe is seperate, due to how it fits underneath the car). On any factory or true cat-back, the S-pipe is just part of the I-pipe, and not a different piece.
        2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Even some of the catbacks out there don't have the S shape going to the cat. Some of them do. What I did was order two 90 degree mandrel 3" pipes(they come in 2.5" also) from www.jcwhitney.com for about 50 bucks. You gonna need 2 of them to make the S pipe, then the muffler shop can size them down for you.
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

That's a good idea short dog, i'm gona call them to, cuz i need that part too.
            <a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/bluethunder.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Electron Blue Corvette Coupe</a><br /><i>13.083@108.23</i><br /><br /><a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/redfire.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Red Grandprix GTP</a> <b>SOLD</b><br /><i>14.49@94.42 (Bone stock)</i><br /><br />2002 Black Convertible Camaro Z28<br /><i>times comming real soon!</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              5 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              3 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X