2 3/4" exhaust...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 3/4" exhaust...........

went to the exhaust shop and had a rattle fixed and the guy that fixed it was real enthused about trying to make my car louder(dont know if he was putting on a show or what), but he quoted me a price of $430 for a 2 3/4" high flow cat, 2 3/4" pipe all the way out, a new 80 series flowmaster muffler, and tips of my choice... i was wondering if this would be a good upgrade for the price? and also would 80 series be the best way to go?
    1997 Camaro RS<br /><br />3\" Flowmaster Exhaust,Pacesetter headers,Catco Cat,Cold Air Intake,Clear bumper lights altezzas,chrome rear bumper letters,chrome badges, headlight conversion kit(soon to come),2 12 MTX Thunder 8000, MTX 6500d amp, Fosgate 1 farad cap

WOW! :eek:

Mine was 220 installed, 3" pipes from the cat back too the flowmaster 80 series 3" inlet dual 2.5" outlets. I don't see a high flow cat costing that much! :eek: BUT it all depends on where you're located. A lot of people think I got a kick *** deal, so dont take a WHOLE lot of value in what I paid .... I'm just saying, $400+ bucks does sound like quite a bit if you ask me!
    Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

that's about what I paid. It was 230 for the cat back system and then 200 for installation since they had to custom weld the dynomax in-place of the cat
      \"I\'m going to torment you beyond the end of time, and hit you with a steamroller!\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 1997redchevycamarors:
        went to the exhaust shop and had a rattle fixed and the guy that fixed it was real enthused about trying to make my car louder(dont know if he was putting on a show or what), but he quoted me a price of $430 for a 2 3/4" high flow cat, 2 3/4" pipe all the way out, a new 80 series flowmaster muffler, and tips of my choice... i was wondering if this would be a good upgrade for the price? and also would 80 series be the best way to go?<hr></blockquote>

Mandrel bent or crush bent pipe?

Chris
        <b>2002 BSM TransAm WS.6 M6</b><br /><b>350rwhp, 365rwtq</b><br /><b>Stock:</b>13.455 @ 105.39 2.129 60\'<br /><b>Mod:</b>12.449 @ 113 1.832 60\'<br /><br /><b>2004 QSM GTO M6</b><br /><b>303rwhp, 329rwtq</b><br />Stock: 13.74 @ 102.14 2.1 60\'<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6</a> <br /><br /><b>1984 Firebird S/E M5</b><br />2.8L

Comment

thats not that bad. i bought the cat, pipes, muffler, and tips all separate, which was in the $200-$250 range, then had them welded up. installation cost almost $250 because they had to custom make a 3" pipe from the Y-pipe to the cat, as well as other little tweaks here and there.

[ January 22, 2004: Message edited by: 98Firebird ]</p>
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/325081\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Red Firebird M5</a><br />not enough mods

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SilverTAWS6:

Mandrel bent or crush bent pipe?

Chris
            <hr></blockquote>

they are going to custom bend it, so i geuss it would be cruch bent
            1997 Camaro RS<br /><br />3\" Flowmaster Exhaust,Pacesetter headers,Catco Cat,Cold Air Intake,Clear bumper lights altezzas,chrome rear bumper letters,chrome badges, headlight conversion kit(soon to come),2 12 MTX Thunder 8000, MTX 6500d amp, Fosgate 1 farad cap

Comment

I got 3"cutout welded to trimmed y-pipe, 3" highflow cat, 3" mandrel bent piping to where the I-pipe starts for $310
              00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 1997redchevycamarors:

they are going to custom bend it, so i geuss it would be cruch bent
                <hr></blockquote>

Then I would say don't do it. Mandrel bent is the way to go so that it keeps the same overall size through the whole pipe. Although they might have a mandrel bending machine, although usually that's pretty big money to get it bent on that.

Chris
                <b>2002 BSM TransAm WS.6 M6</b><br /><b>350rwhp, 365rwtq</b><br /><b>Stock:</b>13.455 @ 105.39 2.129 60\'<br /><b>Mod:</b>12.449 @ 113 1.832 60\'<br /><br /><b>2004 QSM GTO M6</b><br /><b>303rwhp, 329rwtq</b><br />Stock: 13.74 @ 102.14 2.1 60\'<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6</a> <br /><br /><b>1984 Firebird S/E M5</b><br />2.8L

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X