2 3/4" exhaust...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 3/4" exhaust...........

went to the exhaust shop and had a rattle fixed and the guy that fixed it was real enthused about trying to make my car louder(dont know if he was putting on a show or what), but he quoted me a price of $430 for a 2 3/4" high flow cat, 2 3/4" pipe all the way out, a new 80 series flowmaster muffler, and tips of my choice... i was wondering if this would be a good upgrade for the price? and also would 80 series be the best way to go?
    1997 Camaro RS<br /><br />3\" Flowmaster Exhaust,Pacesetter headers,Catco Cat,Cold Air Intake,Clear bumper lights altezzas,chrome rear bumper letters,chrome badges, headlight conversion kit(soon to come),2 12 MTX Thunder 8000, MTX 6500d amp, Fosgate 1 farad cap

WOW! :eek:

Mine was 220 installed, 3" pipes from the cat back too the flowmaster 80 series 3" inlet dual 2.5" outlets. I don't see a high flow cat costing that much! :eek: BUT it all depends on where you're located. A lot of people think I got a kick *** deal, so dont take a WHOLE lot of value in what I paid .... I'm just saying, $400+ bucks does sound like quite a bit if you ask me!
    Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

that's about what I paid. It was 230 for the cat back system and then 200 for installation since they had to custom weld the dynomax in-place of the cat
      \"I\'m going to torment you beyond the end of time, and hit you with a steamroller!\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 1997redchevycamarors:
        went to the exhaust shop and had a rattle fixed and the guy that fixed it was real enthused about trying to make my car louder(dont know if he was putting on a show or what), but he quoted me a price of $430 for a 2 3/4" high flow cat, 2 3/4" pipe all the way out, a new 80 series flowmaster muffler, and tips of my choice... i was wondering if this would be a good upgrade for the price? and also would 80 series be the best way to go?<hr></blockquote>

Mandrel bent or crush bent pipe?

Chris
        <b>2002 BSM TransAm WS.6 M6</b><br /><b>350rwhp, 365rwtq</b><br /><b>Stock:</b>13.455 @ 105.39 2.129 60\'<br /><b>Mod:</b>12.449 @ 113 1.832 60\'<br /><br /><b>2004 QSM GTO M6</b><br /><b>303rwhp, 329rwtq</b><br />Stock: 13.74 @ 102.14 2.1 60\'<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6</a> <br /><br /><b>1984 Firebird S/E M5</b><br />2.8L

Comment

thats not that bad. i bought the cat, pipes, muffler, and tips all separate, which was in the $200-$250 range, then had them welded up. installation cost almost $250 because they had to custom make a 3" pipe from the Y-pipe to the cat, as well as other little tweaks here and there.

[ January 22, 2004: Message edited by: 98Firebird ]</p>
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/325081\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Red Firebird M5</a><br />not enough mods

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SilverTAWS6:

Mandrel bent or crush bent pipe?

Chris
            <hr></blockquote>

they are going to custom bend it, so i geuss it would be cruch bent
            1997 Camaro RS<br /><br />3\" Flowmaster Exhaust,Pacesetter headers,Catco Cat,Cold Air Intake,Clear bumper lights altezzas,chrome rear bumper letters,chrome badges, headlight conversion kit(soon to come),2 12 MTX Thunder 8000, MTX 6500d amp, Fosgate 1 farad cap

Comment

I got 3"cutout welded to trimmed y-pipe, 3" highflow cat, 3" mandrel bent piping to where the I-pipe starts for $310
              00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 1997redchevycamarors:

they are going to custom bend it, so i geuss it would be cruch bent
                <hr></blockquote>

Then I would say don't do it. Mandrel bent is the way to go so that it keeps the same overall size through the whole pipe. Although they might have a mandrel bending machine, although usually that's pretty big money to get it bent on that.

Chris
                <b>2002 BSM TransAm WS.6 M6</b><br /><b>350rwhp, 365rwtq</b><br /><b>Stock:</b>13.455 @ 105.39 2.129 60\'<br /><b>Mod:</b>12.449 @ 113 1.832 60\'<br /><br /><b>2004 QSM GTO M6</b><br /><b>303rwhp, 329rwtq</b><br />Stock: 13.74 @ 102.14 2.1 60\'<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6</a> <br /><br /><b>1984 Firebird S/E M5</b><br />2.8L

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  12 hours ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X