No announcement yet.

Borla Muffler? in place 80 series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 3inch flowmaster system catback with a carsound cat. At first I thought it sounded pretty good and had some powerful sound to it. After it burned in for a while and having it on my car for half a year i'm not so sure how much I like it. It doesn't have that powerful sound anymore it's kinda lust a weak, limp sound. It does get ricey under load. When I first had it on though it did not make any rice which is surprising. Overall I think it's a descent system, I like how it sounds at times, but other times i'm not so sure. I had a few other setups before and this is the best by far. I can't honestly say I've heard borla in person (i've heard clips) so I don't want to judge the borla system. But i'd have to agree with Ian, if I could go back and do it all over again, i'd get a B&B system, or I would get the SLP SS center muffler and tips and catback.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 2002firebirdguy:
      Hey guys. I was wondering if I just put a borla muffler in place of the 80 series on my cat back system, if it would sound different. <hr></blockquote>

Changing the muffler would obviously change the sound.

As for it being better or worse, that's a matter of opinion.

Comment

The Borla sounds a little raspy because it's stainless steel. On the other hand, the flowmaster will gradually rust out from the condensation on the inside of the muffler. I have a 3" catback Borla and run it open. It's loud and I like it that way. It sounds like a race car. My bf has a flowmaster catback on his 96 Z28. It looks cheap. We're looking for tips to modify it. It sounds good though. It has gotten louder too. I believe this is due to it beginning to rust out on the inside. The Borla will outlast the car. The only flowmaster I ever heard on a 3.8 was on a GTP. I didn't have a strong opinion on it. In fact, I thought it was too quiet. But who knows...I based my decision on the Borla because of looks, sound, tunability, and quality.

[ January 26, 2004: Message edited by: Shirl ]</p>
        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X