Borla Muffler? in place 80 series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borla Muffler? in place 80 series

Hey guys. I was wondering if I just put a borla muffler in place of the 80 series on my cat back system, if it would sound different. I know you guys with borla seem to like it. I just figured this would work as opposed to buying the whole cat back and then not liking it.

Thanks [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

[ January 16, 2004: Message edited by: 2002firebirdguy ]</p>
    \"I\'m going to torment you beyond the end of time, and hit you with a steamroller!\"

I've always had Flowmasters and loved the sound. I've never had Borla but have heard the setup. The idle was ok, but at high it sounded worse than Flowmaster. With a V6 you are always going to have that rice sound, but I think Flowmaster sounded the best.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

Thanks for the reply John, anyone else?
      \"I\'m going to torment you beyond the end of time, and hit you with a steamroller!\"

Comment

It will sound much different. flowmaster is a chambered muffler, borla is a straight-through muffler with removable plates to adjust volume. I personally like the flowmaster better.
        99 3800 NBM Camaro - (Xcessive Xcelleration Racing Team)<br />Ram/Cold Air Induction (custom)<br />Modified 4l60e Valve Body<br />Z28 Catback<br />SS Hood <br />Modified 99 GM 3800II <br />JB Performance Engineering<br />jfbperformance@cox.net

Comment

my vote goes to Flowmaster
          Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

I've been on this board for a long time and I really don't post a lot, but for once I'd like to step in...i have a borla exhaust, and if it's opened at all than IT DOES have a raspy sound. However, with the closed plate it has no raspy/ricey sound whatsoever. I'm sure when the tracks reopen here in NJ, some other guys will here my car. It could very well be my hearing, but i HONESTLY do not think my car has any ricey sound whatsoever.
            Eclipse 8443, CDT ES-620s in doors (Clarion APX401.2), IEK, CDT 6X in rear(HU), Image Dynamics ID10v.3D.4 in stealthbox(Clarion DPX1001.2)<br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33</a><br />borla cat-back, FTRA, whisper lid

Comment

i have the Borla rear section, and there is no rasp at all.

the closet i ever get to rasp is a slight "higher" noise at exactly 3,000rpm during 2nd gear deceleration.

Borla owns..........no complaints here at all.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ian:
                Borla owns..........no complaints here at all.<hr></blockquote>

It also owns your checking account too.... :(
                <b>2000 NBM Pontiac Firebird</b><br />3800GT Performance Package<br /><br />Intake, Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster Cat-Back

Comment

I have the 80 series only because I had to get those nice pretty dual tips and I can tell you this. I sound like a damn rice rocket, I am embarrassed beyond all belief when I hear myself, but moreso when a ricer tells me how nice my setup sounds. I have no idea how the borla sounds but I dont think it could get much worse than what I have on my 3.8.
                  There is fast, too fast, and way too fast. Way too fast is almost fast enough.

Comment

You can go to the flowmaster site and hear the 80 series on a firebird v6. I think it is pretty acurate, but I have not heard it in a while.
                    There is fast, too fast, and way too fast. Way too fast is almost fast enough.

Comment

I like flowmaster~
                      -FLOWMASTER 80 series exhaust dual out,K&N air filter.<br />-Bright Rally Red, 1993 Camaro V6 automatic. No BIG mods yet! But who needs alot of mods when you have 160 hp? Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 tires 245/50-16\'s \"Great tires\" <br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P13.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P13.JPG</a><br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P23.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P23.JPG</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CoreyCamaro:
                        You can go to the flowmaster site and hear the 80 series on a firebird v6. I think it is pretty acurate, but I have not heard it in a while.<hr></blockquote>

Accually the v6 sound clip is the same as the v8 one, atleast the last time i checked it was.
                        <b>Black 1996 3.8L Firebird A4</b><br />--------------------------<br />Custom CAI, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 160 Deg Thermo, BMR ShockTower Brace<br />JVC mp3 HU, two 12\" Infinity Kappa Perfects, Infinity 6.5\" components, JBL 600.1 & 80.4 amps <br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/479229363CPbPiz\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a>

Comment

I agreee my v6 with flows sound so rice i am thinking about changing my tips because i t hink it got worse when i threw on the tips i got it sort of amplifies the rice. maybee round ones will resonate it a little

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bluebird:

It also owns your checking account too.... :(
                            <hr></blockquote>

true. Although if i did it again, id probably do the B&B Tri-Flo. More money, yes, but its the best of the best.

Comment

i have 80 series and love them, and when i put headers on it got rid of nearly all the ricey sound and gave it a deeper sound. but i have always liked my flows even before the headers
                              1997 Camaro RS<br /><br />3\" Flowmaster Exhaust,Pacesetter headers,Catco Cat,Cold Air Intake,Clear bumper lights altezzas,chrome rear bumper letters,chrome badges, headlight conversion kit(soon to come),2 12 MTX Thunder 8000, MTX 6500d amp, Fosgate 1 farad cap

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X