Problems with Pacesetter Y-Pipe Fittment? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Pacesetter Y-Pipe Fittment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ross, you've got mail!
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

did u get your headers from the Group purchase, or anyone here. Cause i still havent got mine, just wondering. Thanks

Comment

umm my headers were perfect and no leaks,

BTW use some old lug nuts on the flangs to take up the gap and seals it really nice
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

The quality control on my Pacesetters was awfull. The O2 Sensors wouldn't even screw in because the bung was not welded on properly.
          http://home.cfl.rr.com/mkaprocki/Camaro/O2Bung.jpg
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

let me know how this turns out because mine are in the mail!

Comment

My y-pipe didn't line up either. but luckily pacesetter is like 10 minutes from my house they just gave me a new one. Fit like a charm.
              02 Firebird NX wet kit, MAFT,Coated pacesetter headers,ORP, Borla catback, !fra, whisper lid,NGK TR6\', taylor wires, hpp3, autometer gauges, 30th and 35th stripes,macewen silver gauge overlay, painted interior and calipers, ww spoiler, transgo shift kit, corvette servo, BMR stb,boxed lower control arms, custom subframe connectors

Comment

i hope i dont have problems. i get mine tomorrow(actully today but u know.....)
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Mine fit perfect, just a little clearance problem with the frame but its easily fixed.
                  <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Mine come on Wedsday too! I can't wait. I hope they go on with no problems. *Crosses fingers*
                    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

i've was told by people on here and the lady i talked to from the company i got my headers from that i wasnt going to get header bolts....and i did. did anyone else or did they just hook me up cause i was waiting so long?
                      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Mine came w/ bolts.
                        \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
                          i've was told by people on here and the lady i talked to from the company i got my headers from that i wasnt going to get header bolts....and i did. did anyone else or did they just hook me up cause i was waiting so long?
                          Yeah... im sure for waiting so long they gave you some bolts. congrats.

Comment

Hawgs...
                            I have met with the guy who runs pacesetter, he owes me, so if you have any problems, I can help you out. I have his email address if you need it, send me an email.

It sounds to me like they had a bad batch of y-pipes.

All of the headers are pretty much hand made, so I guess it is to be expected.
                            1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                            1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

i got bolts but no gaskets lol
                              www.turbov6camaro.com
                              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
                                Hawgs...
                                I have met with the guy who runs pacesetter, he owes me, so if you have any problems, I can help you out. I have his email address if you need it, send me an email.

It sounds to me like they had a bad batch of y-pipes.

All of the headers are pretty much hand made, so I guess it is to be expected.
                                Great. I will be emailing you. Hopefully we can get this resolved.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X