Problems with Pacesetter Y-Pipe Fittment? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Pacesetter Y-Pipe Fittment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Pacesetter Y-Pipe Fittment?

Anyone else have problems with the pacesetter y-pipe? Put the headers on Saturday and Y-pipe would not line up worth a damn. It is about a 1/4" off... almost as if it need to be wide to make it fit both headers. I am taking it to a muffler shop today on my lunch break and letting them deal with it, but just wondering if anyone else has had this. Kinda shítty quality if so. Hate that I have to spend extra money because theyir y-pipe didnt fit. :(

i never had that problem.. however, my y pipe kind of angles downward toward the cat.. thats one thing i dont like about them..
    96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

I had that exact same problem. I bought them off of another person on the board and made me wonder if they were knock off headers.
      The shop just cut it, slipped a pipe over it, tightened them up then welded it. I also had a leak on top of the Ypipe collector. Hopefully your not cursed with leaks like me.
      Shane
      00 Pewter Y87 Camaro-SS Hood/Chrome rims, Black Halos, Clear corners, Pacesetters, V8 K&N FIPK, 3\" B&B TriFlow, HPP3, MSD Coils, Taylor wires, Transgo stage II, Edge 3000 Stall, 180* thermo, SLP Bowtie Grill<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/468763/1/\" target=\"_blank\">Carro</a>

Comment

No problems here...
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

mine were off just a hair... not so much that the bolts wouldnt go through both of the flanges and draw everything together.
          \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

way too much for the bolts to slide it over.

its at a shop now and theyre gonna take care of it. hopefully they wont rape me on the cost

Snatch... do you have any recipts from your work done? I might be writing pacesetter a letter expressing my satisfaction, in this care lack there of, from the headers. Let me know.

Comment

hawgs, I took my car in the meineke this morning to have them put on the Y-pipe and weld it all together and they just called me about 30 min ago and told me that my Y-pipe didn't line up either. I guess they're gonna bend the y pipe to make it fit. Said it'll cost me about 60 bucks for everything.
              - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

This is bullsh*t. Save your recipt... I will be writing a letter. Where yours coated or uncoated? Just out of curiousity.

Comment

mine were uncoated, i dunno if i'll get a receipt though. i think they're doing it under the table since i didn't buy anything from them. I'll let you know though
                  - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

Okay... 120 to get mine fixed. F*cking Pacesetter.

Comment

That's why I'm not getting Pacesetters.... ;) Nahhh I already bought some other ones...that's the reason... :D

[ May 03, 2004, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Timbo1969 ]
                      2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

Thats cause you went with uncoated...they figure if you're gonna skimp then they're gonna skimp ;) (jk)
                        That really sucks that you're out that much extra though...pacesetter should definatley do something about that
                        Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by Timbo1969:
                          That's why I'm not getting Pacesetters.... ;)
                          Mine fit perfectly...I wouldn't let this be a reason not to get them...because they are a really good price if they fit right (which most do). But if pacesetter doesn't do anything to make right what happened to Ross (hawgs) then I would agree this should be a reason not to get them. But it could have just been a little slip up or something.
                          Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Yeah... I am glad I am not the only one. If Pacesetter doesnt take care of me I'd hate to bad mouth their product on the only 3 V6 messages boards around, which I am coincidentally a moderator of all of 3 them.

Comment

Nope sorry dont have a receipt, they didnt charge me that much though. I hope its not a pain in the a$$ once I get the turbo y pipe. If so Im gonna have some headers made. POS Pacesetters!
                              Shane
                              00 Pewter Y87 Camaro-SS Hood/Chrome rims, Black Halos, Clear corners, Pacesetters, V8 K&N FIPK, 3\" B&B TriFlow, HPP3, MSD Coils, Taylor wires, Transgo stage II, Edge 3000 Stall, 180* thermo, SLP Bowtie Grill<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/468763/1/\" target=\"_blank\">Carro</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X