Do the '98 have ypipe or I pipe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the '98 have ypipe or I pipe???

What type of Dynomax will my friend able to purchase? Inlet/outlet will be 2 1/4 but will it be offsset/offset?????
    2000 V6 Stang, V2 Vortech pushing 10PSI, 3.73 with posi rear, Full Razzi body kit, 98 cobra rims, Pro 5.0 shifter

have you checked the dynomax site.. that inlet size sounds a little small.. alot of guys on here get the LT1 I-pipe.. your friend will need an exhaust shop to put it on as he will proably need and adapter but it should work fine..
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

Can he just make it TRUE DUALS....each pipe coming from the header to a cat to a muffler that goes to the rear tailpipe????
      2000 V6 Stang, V2 Vortech pushing 10PSI, 3.73 with posi rear, Full Razzi body kit, 98 cobra rims, Pro 5.0 shifter

Comment

I have seen headers like this that run 2 cat's into a Y-pipe. Was around a 1000 bucks though...and it looked restrictive running into that Y-pipe
        <a href=\"http://alternatebw.homestead.com/files/cam19.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Camaro 3800II Y87 A4</a> (SOLD)<p>NEW CAR:<br />2003 Ford Mustang

Comment

true duals can be done but it's hard, expensive and gains are negligible.. or he may even loose power.... I mean LS1's run a single piple and those things are fast...

[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: black98V6 ]</p>
          -Brad
          98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
          2000 V-Star Custom 1100
          If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
          :rock:

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by black98V6:
            LS1's run a single piple and those things are fast...

[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: black98V6 ]
            <hr></blockquote>

Yep, the new SSs are fast enough to take out a Corvette. :D [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
            -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

BlueMuscle to answer your original question (in the topic) you have both, the y pipe is what connects the manifolds to the cat, and the I pipe connects the cat to the muffler.
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X