Before I buy......final!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I buy......final!!

OK I decided to get Dynomax Super Turbo system for my Camaro..I have stock exhaust in it now with only Flowmaster muffler...
    NOW I'm betting a 3" system for LS1 from what I heard it should fit. My only problem is will it fit with stock cat, or should I get a new (recomend) and finish the system with it.
    In spring I'll be getting header....
    Should I do everything all in one shot?
    -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Your Cat should be Either Carsound or Random Tech. NOTHING ELSE!!!

You could modify the stock cat to a 3" outlet if you want to. Doing everythig at once will save on Labor. What headers are you getting?

You could do the Cat & Cat-Back now, the Headers in spring.

-Derek-
    <b>2000 NBM Pontiac Firebird</b><br />3800GT Performance Package<br /><br />Intake, Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster Cat-Back

Comment

TY for advise, I think I might do that, best price for the cat?

Comment

carsound you can find for like 30 bucks on ebay. random tech are EXPENSIVE. like 120
        \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

normal carsound u can get for $30 highflow carsound = 170
          00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bluebird:
            Your Cat should be Either Carsound or Random Tech. NOTHING ELSE!!!<hr></blockquote>

any reason for not including a catco cat in there? i had mine on for well over a year and still passed emissions with flying colors
            -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by StudlyCamaro:

any reason for not including a catco cat in there? i had mine on for well over a year and still passed emissions with flying colors
              <hr></blockquote>

SES light, lower flow rate.

EVERY exhaust clip with a Crapco Cat I heard sounded like S***.

3" Crapco + 3" Flowmaster = Sh** over 3,000rpm
              3" Carsound + 3" Flowmaster = Pretty Decent over 3,000rpm
              <b>2000 NBM Pontiac Firebird</b><br />3800GT Performance Package<br /><br />Intake, Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster Cat-Back

Comment

any of you with the random tech cat...you think its worth the price or just go with carsound one?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ReodDai:
                  normal carsound u can get for $30 highflow carsound = 170<hr></blockquote>

You got ripped off Bigtime if you payed $170 For a Carsound High-Flow Cat. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

high flow carsound cat $30 on ebay...I should get the 3"...now what size is my stock Y pipe from the headers?

Comment

stock cat is 3" on one side and 2.5" on the other... the side of the Y Pipe is 3" side of S Pipe is smaller.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        4 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X