Before I buy......final!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I buy......final!!

OK I decided to get Dynomax Super Turbo system for my Camaro..I have stock exhaust in it now with only Flowmaster muffler...
    NOW I'm betting a 3" system for LS1 from what I heard it should fit. My only problem is will it fit with stock cat, or should I get a new (recomend) and finish the system with it.
    In spring I'll be getting header....
    Should I do everything all in one shot?
    -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Your Cat should be Either Carsound or Random Tech. NOTHING ELSE!!!

You could modify the stock cat to a 3" outlet if you want to. Doing everythig at once will save on Labor. What headers are you getting?

You could do the Cat & Cat-Back now, the Headers in spring.

-Derek-
    <b>2000 NBM Pontiac Firebird</b><br />3800GT Performance Package<br /><br />Intake, Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster Cat-Back

Comment

TY for advise, I think I might do that, best price for the cat?

Comment

carsound you can find for like 30 bucks on ebay. random tech are EXPENSIVE. like 120
        \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

normal carsound u can get for $30 highflow carsound = 170
          00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bluebird:
            Your Cat should be Either Carsound or Random Tech. NOTHING ELSE!!!<hr></blockquote>

any reason for not including a catco cat in there? i had mine on for well over a year and still passed emissions with flying colors
            -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by StudlyCamaro:

any reason for not including a catco cat in there? i had mine on for well over a year and still passed emissions with flying colors
              <hr></blockquote>

SES light, lower flow rate.

EVERY exhaust clip with a Crapco Cat I heard sounded like S***.

3" Crapco + 3" Flowmaster = Sh** over 3,000rpm
              3" Carsound + 3" Flowmaster = Pretty Decent over 3,000rpm
              <b>2000 NBM Pontiac Firebird</b><br />3800GT Performance Package<br /><br />Intake, Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster Cat-Back

Comment

any of you with the random tech cat...you think its worth the price or just go with carsound one?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ReodDai:
                  normal carsound u can get for $30 highflow carsound = 170<hr></blockquote>

You got ripped off Bigtime if you payed $170 For a Carsound High-Flow Cat. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

high flow carsound cat $30 on ebay...I should get the 3"...now what size is my stock Y pipe from the headers?

Comment

stock cat is 3" on one side and 2.5" on the other... the side of the Y Pipe is 3" side of S Pipe is smaller.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X