omfg, local exhaust shops are pissin me off - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

omfg, local exhaust shops are pissin me off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the best of my knowledge the 93-03 exhaust for the V8's are the same. And I know that the 3.8 have the same exhaust, just smaller. The hangers are identical. I have a V8 takeoff waiting to be installed when I find a competent shop. I have been under the car personally and know for a fact that they will swap over, no modifications necessary with the exception of going from 2.25" ---> 2.75". I would imagine that a 3.4 would be the same, but I can not make any promises.

It feels good to vent and get it off your chest though, doesn't it? :D
    1996 Camaro w/ Y87 package. T-Tops, purple, loaded. Custom painted salad-shooters with Mirage paint.<br /><br />(It\'s my girlfriends car!)

Comment

Man thats Horse SH!T!!At my shop they bent my 3 inch pipe without eaze.There just being lazy aZZ's.I supose you dont have a minute muffler around do you?there the best and the cheapest around here.Monike and monroe are too expenive to deal with.I actually told the sales man at Monike to take that 1000 3" custom cat back and shove it where the sun dont shine [img]tongue.gif[/img]
      $Ryan$<br />95 3400 Teal Green FireBird M5<br />Mods: see link <a href=\"http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/mystical420\" target=\"_blank\">http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/mystical420</a> <br />1986 Gold Mazda B2000 ROTIP :)<br />*New*74 Moded 350 Chevy Pickup

Comment

****ing shops... this is why me and my friends are starting our own custom shop. no one here will do anything creative. a bunch of useless shops around here... if you pay for what you want, you should get what you ****ing want. case closed [img]smile.gif[/img]
        \'94 Firebird, 3.4 M5.<br />Arctic white w/ red anniversary stripe. ASP underdrive pulley set, Magnaflow 2.5\" stainless catback, CAT, Pacesetters, K&N FIPK2, 1000 watt stereo system capped 1F, Eagle Alloys 16\" 077\'s, 180 Deg. Thermo.

Comment

i had one trouble like that too. ****ers!!!! i had a muffler guy tell me and wouldnt put a flowmaster on my car cas it wouldnt fit. he wanted to put a magnaflow. i took the muffler and went into the actual shop cause my car was in it and slamed it underneath my stock on and bent the **** out of it and said " look *** hole, it fits!!! then left him with a damaged product.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

YOu don't need a custom 3" exhaust. Forget about it all and get someone's kit, i.e. Loudmouth, etc.
            <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

I bought the LT1 magnaflow cat-back off ebay. Stainless steel and same price as the 3" flowmaster from summit. only modification I had to do to it was the I-pipe had the S-bend incorporated into it. The front of that pipe had a flare and was set up as a 2-bolt flanged connection. took a hacksaw to it and cut that flare off 1/2" back and used a band clamp on it till I got a shop to weld it together. sweet deal.
              \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

The only reason I wanted them custom made was because it was cheaper. In October I was quoted:\

$230 -&gt; Flowmaster 80 series, 3" mandral bent pipes, from the cat back.....

Now they want 240 for a FloPro with 2 1/2"? WTF is a FloPro?!? Kiss my ***.
                Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
                  The only reason I wanted them custom made was because it was cheaper. In October I was quoted:\

$230 -&gt; Flowmaster 80 series, 3" mandral bent pipes, from the cat back.....

Now they want 240 for a FloPro with 2 1/2"? WTF is a FloPro?!? Kiss my ***.
                  Is the quote on paper? If it is, at this point it's not really worth it cause you'll prob. get shotty work but you can take the paper to the owner and explain the situation. If it's not on paper forget it.
                  Patrick<br />Sick Sixx Member<br /><b>97 Mystic Teal Camaro</b><br />425RWHP @14PSI<br />Old setup:<br />330RWHP @7PSI 13.9 @ 106.6 <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4\" target=\"_blank\">Mods</a>

Comment

to find my s pipe i went to napa.. perhaps go to auto part stores to find 3 inch pipes and 3 inch mandrel bent pipes..
                    ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X