No announcement yet.

Flowmaster 80 series...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with LD buy the 80 from a muffler shop and get it intalled else were. It's a lot cheaper. I have the 80 Series and when it was just that it sound it bada**. Then I got the Quad center tips and it sounded even better both and low and high. To me performance wise it's the same from when I had Dinomax to the 80 Series.
    98 Camaro A4<br />Y87, Y3F, GU6 3.42 Gears, TransGo Shift kit Stage II with Corvette Servo, ZR1 Ram Air Intake, Air Silencer mod, SLP Quad Center Exhaust w/Flowmasters 80 Series, Suncoast Z Style Hood, K&N Air and Oil Filter, 180 Thermo, homemade Manual Fan switch, Clear Corner Lights, Reflective rear Camaro decal, Clear Coat Camaro Grill with Silver Camaro letters, SLP Badge, Y87 Rear decal

Comment

why just get a muffler when you can get the whole catback for relatively cheap :rolleyes:
      -Chad<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/chiknz\" target=\"_blank\">2001 3.8L A4 Camaro</a>

Comment

What you need to decide is if you're looking for added performance along with the sound and look, or just the sound and look.

A simple flowmaster muffler replacement is simple and inexpensive, it will provide more sound, it will look nicer with the chrome tips you choose, but it won't add any performance. (My stock exhaust 2002 runs the same times my Flowmaster muffler equipped bird ran, this is how I know).

If you're looking for performance you need to replace all the piping after the cat with larger piping, it is more costly and takes more time, and also nets you a slightly louder exhaust. You stand to gain about 10hp this way on a V6.

Its up to you, you can always save $ and do whatever you want. There are tons of options, feel free to IM or email me if you want to chat about it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X