Flowmaster 80 series...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowmaster 80 series...??

Well I've noticed the majority of the cars on this website have the Flowmaster 80 Series. Me being a girl, I know nada about exaust except for the fact that I want it. I just don't know what I should go with. I don't want to spend a ton of money, but I want it to sound good. Should I go with the Flowmaster 80 Series? I want it to be loud but not TOO loud it being a 6er and all. What do you guys suggest I get??
    **\'96 Mystic Teal 3.8L Camaro**<br />Performance Mods: K&N Hi-Flow CAI<br />Appearance Mods: Chrome Factory 16X8 5 Star Wheels, Reflective Black Rear Decal Inserts, Tinting: 35% Sides/4% Limo Back, Removed Front License Plate (illegal, but looks too good)<br />Future Mods: Too many to name..

flowmaster 80 series is great for the sound but performance wise.... :( i have dynomax on mine and i love it. its not obnoxiously loud or too quiet. cheap too! the whole setup for me labor wise and parts (muffler, tailpipes, stainless steel z28 tips) was close to about 190. to me a that was a great deal considering the tips are like 50 bucks a piece. everything is welded so it stays put.
    98 Camaro V6

Comment

I have it on mine and I love it! I asked myself the same questions when buying it. It's not too loud at all, it is just right. I have definitely noticed an increase in performance with it too. Makes the car feel more aggressive. Go with the 80 series, you won't regret it!
      1996 Camaro RS, A4, 3.42 Gears, K&N Filter, Flowmaster Muffler, Y87 Performance Package

Comment

Go 80 Series if you like...I had the Dynomax Super Turbo and it wasn't as "obnoxious"

Here's a clip of the Flowmaster...

Flowmaster 80 Series with high flow cat and custom catback

(edit: take my sound in the above clip and deepen it a bit...since I added the high flow it has progressively gotten a lot deeper)

[ April 22, 2003: Message edited by: 99Camaro99 ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by key2emptiness:
          flowmaster 80 series is great for the sound but performance wise.... :( <hr></blockquote>
          That's a myth. My 1/4 times didn't get any worst when I made the switch from the dynomax.
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Go with the Flowmaster. By far the best sounding on a V6 and gives the most power. Loud and gives best rumble and many people loved the way my old 3.4 sounded on it. I have it on my IROC too and its awesome. I've heard Dynomax, it might sound good inside, but outside it sounds like a ricer. And yes on a V6 the flowmaster gets high pitched at the high rpms, but thats because its a 6 and will do that with any exhaust.
            2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

By the way, noticed someone said the dynomax setup was $190, for my flowmaster muffler, pipe, and chrome tips and labor together, it was $110. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Red94Camaro:
                Go with the Flowmaster. By far the best sounding on a V6 and gives the most power. Loud and gives best rumble and many people loved the way my old 3.4 sounded on it. I have it on my IROC too and its awesome. I've heard Dynomax, it might sound good inside, but outside it sounds like a ricer. And yes on a V6 the flowmaster gets high pitched at the high rpms, but thats because its a 6 and will do that with any exhaust.<hr></blockquote>

Okay, so I walk into the place where I'm getting my exaust. I want the Flowmaster 80 Series. What all do I need to ask for? All I have is the stock exaust that is on my car. Don't I need a whole new exaust kit? And how much will all this cost? I have no idea what to ask for.
                **\'96 Mystic Teal 3.8L Camaro**<br />Performance Mods: K&N Hi-Flow CAI<br />Appearance Mods: Chrome Factory 16X8 5 Star Wheels, Reflective Black Rear Decal Inserts, Tinting: 35% Sides/4% Limo Back, Removed Front License Plate (illegal, but looks too good)<br />Future Mods: Too many to name..

Comment

Get the whole catback system. It includes exhaust pipe, muffler, tailpipes. Just order it from summit racing. Part #flo-17143 is what you want. It's under $300

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by shortdog273:
                    Get the whole catback system. It includes exhaust pipe, muffler, tailpipes. Just order it from summit racing. Part #flo-17143 is what you want. It's under $300<hr></blockquote>

thats a little much
                    I went to Competition Plus and bought my Flowmaster ahead of time (local guy) for 80 dollars, then I went to Muffler man and told them I wanted it installed with dual outlets they charged me $15 for the tail pipes $15 for the tips (just some 2.5" slash cut chrome tips) and $30 for the labor
                    out the door total was under $150 so I wouldnt pay $300 look around a bit first
                    millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LD:

thats a little much
                      I went to Competition Plus and bought my Flowmaster ahead of time (local guy) for 80 dollars, then I went to Muffler man and told them I wanted it installed with dual outlets they charged me $15 for the tail pipes $15 for the tips (just some 2.5" slash cut chrome tips) and $30 for the labor
                      out the door total was under $150 so I wouldnt pay $300 look around a bit first
                      <hr></blockquote>

Was the pipes MANDREL bent? Did it include 3" MANDREL bent I and S pipe? As far as the price, it's $267 for the WHOLE catback.

Comment

cheap mufflershop bends most likely arent going to be mandrel bends, and the kinked up crap bends kill performance, sound and flow

Comment

My 80 sounds great, I wouldn't have anything else. Under a load mine sounds great up top, why are people saying the 80 series sounds bad up top? Mine sounds bada**! A neutral rev is a different story though, above 4k it gets a rasp/pop sound. Although last week I revved it really good from neutral and it sounded pretty good.
                          -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Originally posted by Red94Camaro By the way, noticed someone said the dynomax setup was $190, for my flowmaster muffler, pipe, and chrome tips and labor together, it was $110. <hr></blockquote>

mine included stainless steel tips. dont have to worry about rust. :D but hey, everybody has an opinion. i only said that it outflowed the 80 series because i raced a friend of mine with my exact same mods except he had the 80 series flowmaster. i outed him, so i assumed that it flowed better. sorry for the confusion.
                            98 Camaro V6

Comment

flowmaster sounds better but makes crappy horsepower, my buddy has a 99 formula and hes got a cut-out right before the muffler, he made 298 hp and 32x torque w/the cutout closed and 327hp and 355 tq with the cut-out open...
                              <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X