Clear All

• Re: Exhaust sound clips!

yeah chickens sounds awesome also

Comment

Originally posted by redv6 View Post
      yeah chickens sounds awesome also

Yes, his does sound good.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i win:) jk http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz46/sirspraysalot/?action=view¤t=IMG_1443.mp4k
        Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 02-11-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redv6 View Post
          thats guys i still cant decide what muffler to go with . im really liking wars tho :)
          Go with my dynomax! lol ;)
          Originally posted by adrummer02L78 View Post
          that is def the best sounding exhaust here in my opinion. Thanks man, I appreciate it.... do you have headers going through a y pipe to the muffler?? Also do you have the cat on??
          This was headers back, hi-flow cat, 2.75" exhuast to the 2.5" cutout and 2.5" summit. The dynomax is pretty much about the same as the summit. design and sound wise. Dyomax being a dual out, tho.
          Originally posted by adrummer02L78 View Post
          did you listen to red&black attack??? i did not hear any noticeable rasp (only a tad at the very end when he really stomped on it)
          It did sound good. For a v6. I always got compliments how it sounded. :) I miss it sometimes.

EDIT: Btw. Warshrikes car has long tube headers on it. Cant really go by his car when it comes to mufflers cause LT's really changes the tone of these engines.
          Last edited by Red&Black_Attack; 02-12-2012, 01:52 PM.
          -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR6sm...1&feature=plcp
            auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
            15.11@91.14
            Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Sounds good.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

sounds damn good. to much on the inside?

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                  It sounded awful with just the flowmaster. Good up until about 4k then it sounded like a honda. I hated it, so to quiet it down a bit I added the glass pack before the muffler, and that took care of the nasty raspy bee sound.
                  so it goes from your cat to. the glass pack then to flowmaster one in 2 out?

Comment

Cammed Open Headers

Comment

Originally posted by Watazz View Post
                      sounds damn good. to much on the inside?
                      its not too terrible but its pretty loud at times. cruising isnt bad tho
                      auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
                      15.11@91.14
                      Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Update soundclip for me.

Idle and WOT sound clip

You can hear idle from 15-28 seconds, WOT after that, and prior to that is a burnout lol.

Setup:

Exhaust: Magnaflow catback with cutout open and dumped at the rear axle
                        Headers: Pacesetters
                        Cat: Magnaflow highflow.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                          Update soundclip for me.

Idle and WOT sound clip

You can hear idle from 15-28 seconds, WOT after that, and prior to that is a burnout lol.

Setup:

Exhaust: Magnaflow catback with cutout open and dumped at the rear axle
                          Headers: Pacesetters
                          Cat: Magnaflow highflow.
                          I think it sounds good, mines just before the axle also.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                            I think it sounds good, mines just before the axle also.
                            Thanks, I want to change it next year though...I want to go to longtubes, cut the exhaust just after the cat and put a race muffler on it right after the cat and dump it right there. The car will either be slightly louder or quieter then it is now, but shouldn't make much of a difference.

I'll save a ton of weight not running pipes all the way to the back of the car to that arent needed because it is being dumped so early.

Comment

If your getting longtubes why not just make duals? Sound a hell of a lot better than a Y and 1 race muffler.

Comment

to make it not sound like two 3 cylinder engines you'd need an x or H-pipe and have to run 2 cats, then run it far enough back on both sides to reduce some noise or toss a muffler on it.

You can easily shave almost 40lbs chopping out from the axle back and just turning the exhaust down. You're adding all that weight back by going back and running true duals.

Not to mention you'll be scraping the p*ss out of them everytime you'll drive if you go true duals...there just isn't clearance for them on our cars.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X