Exhaust sound clips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Exhaust sound clips!

pretty low, but 5500 seems really low. At WOT, my engine will sometimes bounce against the rev limiter at 6k before upshifting, unless I let off the gas just slightly at redline.

Comment

My rev limit is at like 5700...

Comment

Factory limiters are set at 5700 , I believe , but on autos they shift lower then what you set the rpm to be. I think I will have to try mph settings on HPtuners.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I've also got a built auto as well as a bit 3800 stall. I could go higher, but I don't see any need. This car hardly sees any WOT. Too scared to break it lol!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwPziaeFY8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BlK...eature=related

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuhKTOtKb70

New sound. Pacesetters, 2.5 inch pipe, 32" glass pack, flowmaster muffler.
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Floor it then let off...then let off!
                Directions are hard to follow! Lol

Comment

It took her a minute, that's for sure. She said she couldn't hear me, and when she saw the video she didn't want me to share it cause when you hear me talking it makes her sound retarded. BUT the car sounds super awesome IMO.
                  Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I know it's louder than the Magnaflow I have on mine. Cute chicky snack there. Car sounds good too. Though I'm not a fan of Flowmaster on these cars.

Comment

It sounded awful with just the flowmaster. Good up until about 4k then it sounded like a honda. I hated it, so to quiet it down a bit I added the glass pack before the muffler, and that took care of the nasty raspy bee sound.
                      Team NoVa

Comment

Anyone have a sound clip of the summit turbo muffler??? I am really curious if it sounds okay..... I am thinking of doing the exhaust in the next couple of weeks and am planning headers, h pipe !cat and true duals to summit turbo mufflers and dump before the axle.... Whatcha think???

Comment

I have a vid posted somewhere in the clips sticky.

EDIT: Here, I couldnt find it so I got the link from my photobucket: When my cutout is closed its going through the summit muffler.
                          Last edited by Red&Black_Attack; 02-09-2012, 03:32 PM.
                          -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

that is def the best sounding exhaust here in my opinion. Thanks man, I appreciate it.... do you have headers going through a y pipe to the muffler?? Also do you have the cat on??

Comment

thats guys i still cant decide what muffler to go with . im really liking wars tho :)

Comment

did you listen to red&black attack??? i did not hear any noticeable rasp (only a tad at the very end when he really stomped on it)
                                Last edited by adrummer02L78; 02-10-2012, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X