Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Exhaust sound clips!

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
    to make it not sound like two 3 cylinder engines you'd need an x or H-pipe and have to run 2 cats, then run it far enough back on both sides to reduce some noise or toss a muffler on it.

You can easily shave almost 40lbs chopping out from the axle back and just turning the exhaust down. You're adding all that weight back by going back and running true duals.

Not to mention you'll be scraping the p*ss out of them everytime you'll drive if you go true duals...there just isn't clearance for them on our cars.
    Your right about the cross over def necessary. I disagree with the scrapping issue, you can manage to tuck it up right and you don't NEED two cats, just the one for the single O2. But I guess if your dragging or racing I see your point. Friday I'm having my duals adjusted and adding two borla pro xs's to my already installed sweet thunders. I can post pics of the exhaust if ya wana see.

Comment

Post pics please

Comment

ya, make a thread and post pics...doesnt hurt to see

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Yeah sure thing, I have vid up of my current setup but the guy was dumb and went under the transmission brace, just ludicrous. You can imagine the torment it's caused me.

Comment

New clip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCOhnFv0sZo

Really need to get a good video camera. It just doesn't nail the exhaust quite right. Sunlight was BRIIIGHT Today too.

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
              New clip!

Really need to get a good video camera. It just doesn't nail the exhaust quite right. Sunlight was BRIIIGHT Today too.
              Sounds good.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
                New clip!

I may or may not have heard that before.;) Should leave the cutout closed, there's that rasp...:(

Comment

Originally posted by enzia35 View Post
                  I may or may not have heard that before.;) Should leave the cutout closed, there's that rasp...:(
                  Found the cutout was actually going out, so the butterfly valve was fluttering. I had to take the motor off, as it seized. It's not as raspy at WOT. It's just really effin loud.

Comment

Wheres your cutout located? Was the cutout open in the vid?
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yup it was open in the first part, closed in the second. It is right before the exhaust makes the bend to go up over the axle.

Comment

due to excitement of pulling my car out of storage today.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohYuoPVfiyM

although the setup will likely change before the end of this year...I'd like to throw on some longtube headers...

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                          due to excitement of pulling my car out of storage today.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohYuoPVfiyM

although the setup will likely change before the end of this year...I'd like to throw on some longtube headers...
                          Sounds healthy.

Comment

Thanks, hoping it stays that way

Comment

Figured I'd chime in on this thread with mine.

Heads, cam, Longtubes, true duals, SLP LM2 mufflers.
                              The first 3 images are actually videos, click on them to play:
                              http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=106371
                              aka FreedStyle
                              Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                              2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

I might as well throw a clip of mine.

2000 Camaro Y87 w/ Flowmaster 40 series muffler, stock manifolds, Magnaflow hi-flow cat.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr69BdapEhc

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X