can 3.4L SOUND like an 8?!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no v6 will ever sound like a v8
    2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

ok so here goes:

links to a 1994 3.4L Camaro with K&N FIPK, 3" Flowmaster (50 series?) 3-chamber muffler, 1-in, 2-out

Sitting inside of car, tape recorder held down near the door, drivers door open.

Standing 2 feet behind the car, tape recorder at chest level, around 5 feet or so off the ground. Wife sitting in car.

at around 3500 rpms, my car gets high-pitched, not rice, but not like a v8. basically its just the cylinders. listen to a big-*** muffler system on a v8, you'll hear the same high-growling noise, except for -- its more defined due to more cylinders.

you probably will never get a v6 to really sound like a v8, but you can come close. id also like to hear a sound clip from someone who has the spintech mufflers..

the only thing im not sure if i like, is the "popping noise" you hear in the second wav file. ive been told its cause i have a v6...i dunno. anyway... enjoy.

-R

[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: Russell ]</p>

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
      Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
      West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

No offense Russell, I don't know if it's was the sound clip, but that sounded like ****! Straight up man.
        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

the tape recorder cost me all of like 10.00.

its not a great recording, but if you listen carefully, you can hear how distorted it is by hearing the car start up...i think in the first one. anyway...

ill have to get some better recordings soon..till then..thats all i got.

edit ::
          o yea -- i was reminded of a funny story.

i once went to get my front passenger tire repaired -- had a hole in it.

anyway, i pulled into the tire shop, and right away noticed this really nice black 1997 WS6 T/A. i was eyeballing it, and it gets pulled into a bay and starts getting worked on, and then mine gets fired up and pulled up right next to his and starts getting worked on..

well, im standing there, and i saw his muffler, and im looking for a new one, (cause mine drones too much for my taste, thats the only problem i have with it) and i ask him what brand his is.. i dont remember offhand, anyway, he starts saying that my car sounds great, and what does that year come with again, 275 hp?? i had to try really hard not to laugh as much as i could.. i told him, um..no..more like 160 hp. he was like..THATS ALL?!? -- i said yea, cause its a 3.4L V6. he didnt believe me, and i had to point out that I had drum rears (which dont come on the v8 models) and then afterwards i popped the hood and showed him the engine. he was totally shocked and admitted that he thought my car was a v8 from how it sounded at idle.

anyway, just thot, that in this post about 3.4L cars getting mistaken for v8 cars, id post this..

[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: Russell ]</p>

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
          Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
          West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X