anyone welded their 3.8 headers to the y-pipe? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone welded their 3.8 headers to the y-pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not replace the crappy ball joint things with V-bands? It won't necesarilly be cheap but you will keep the ability to remove them (if you can even put them in all welded together) and they will not leak. Or to make it easier you could weld the ball flanges shut and put in V-bands farther down. This shoulden't take an exhaust shop too long. Just another idea.

Cp

Comment

thanks for the ideas Cp
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
        i was thinking of maybe taking a gasket sheet i have and making a circel gasket and soaking it in water that putting it on the ball joint looking thing and tightening it to form around it and when it dries, it will keep the rounded shape. do you guys think it will work?
        Actually this would work (tried it before) just double up on the gasket and DON'T soak it in water, it will just come out crappy. Keep the thick and around the ball joint, should work really well if you do a good job. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

ok, thanks. but what are you saying here: "Keep the thick and around the ball joint"?
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X