K&N HighFlow Vs. SLP High Flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&N HighFlow Vs. SLP High Flow

Hey guys, I am looking at a better intake system for my 96 camaro. Right now I have the stock system with a K&N filter in it kinda sucks. So now I am looking at a K&N High flow system or a SLP High Flow system. I have no clue wich one is better! I was just wondering if I can get some more opinions. Thanks. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

i would also like a K&N or slp whichever is better. I am with MingisDew. Any opinions as to which is actually better?
    1996 Red Camaro 3.8L<br />Details, you say? Go here.<br /><a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/trek/brl866s/camaro.html\" target=\"_blank\">Slick Red</a><p>\"A Great Warrior defeats his enemies by smashing their fists with his face.\" - A Great Warrior

Comment

I am a firm believer in my SLP CAI. It made a very noticable increase in power and comes with everything necessary to install it (the 1LE elbow included is required for the 3.8 and I don't think is included with the K&N). As for the filters, SLP has 2 (non-K&N) but I was assured by the SLP rep that they are comprable or better than K&N. The SLP looks awsome, definatly show quality. The filters are a pain in the *** to install, though a small sacrifice. I still can't get over how much I love the sound of a tons of air being sucked through the intake. SLP all the way.
      1996 Silver Camaro, Y87, M5, cammed..<br />N/A Best Time: 14.012 @ 98.59<br />195 rwhp / 233 ft-lbs b/f heads/cam<br />Check out my site <a href=\"http://silver3800.cz28.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://silver3800.cz28.com/</a>

Comment

I used to have the K&N drop-in filter also. That does jack $#!t.

I now have the SLP CAI. I give it my seal of endorsement. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
        -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

The K&N thing sucks, its just a replacement for the air box. I've had both, and the SLP CAI actually makes a difference.
          1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

I love my SLP intake...

I miss the feel of it the first couple days after the install...I've gotten used to it already.

Can't beat the sucking noise, just makes the car sound meaner... :D

Comment

slp intake [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
              98 camaro 3.8 (THE PUNISHER)<p>JET STAGE II/B&M SHIFT PLUS/TAYLOR WIRES/SLP LOUDMOUTH w-3\" s- pipe/SLP CAI/SS MESH GRILLE/160 STAT/DERALE OIL COOLER<br />FLEXALITE TRANS COOLER/ 3.42-ZEXEL-TORSEN/KONIG MONSOON & KUHMO TIRES/MANUAL FAN SWITCH/1le sway bars & poly/KYB AGX SHOCKS/H&R SPRINGS/LS1 ALUMINUM DRIVE SHAFT/rk sport headers<p>WAITING FOR INSTALL:ssm heads,cam,3 angle valves/trans go shift kit

Comment

Why do people keep comparing the SLP intake to the K&N drop in. Of course there's no comparison because the K&N filtercharger is just a replacement that flows better and the SLP is an actual CAI. Now if you've had the K&N FIPK, that's a different story.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blue94V6:
                  ...Now if you've had the K&N FIPK, that's a different story.<hr></blockquote>

But that wasn't the question.

And unless K&N or some other company has started making a new product for us recently, then the SLP is the only company to offer a CAI that's actually MADE FOR the '95-'97 3.8.

[ June 08, 2002: Message edited by: RacerJ ]</p>

Comment

but wouldn't that FIPK work for 96-97 3.8 if you have the elbow?
                    1996 Red Camaro 3.8L<br />Details, you say? Go here.<br /><a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/trek/brl866s/camaro.html\" target=\"_blank\">Slick Red</a><p>\"A Great Warrior defeats his enemies by smashing their fists with his face.\" - A Great Warrior

Comment

G2 Motorsports also makes a cold air intake for the 95-97 F-Body
                      2004 Mazda RX-8 <br />Winning Blue Metallic<br />6

Comment

Probably, but what I was saying is that the SLP is the only one I know of which is made specifically for the 3.8L and specifically the '95-'97 models.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X