K&N HighFlow Vs. SLP High Flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&N HighFlow Vs. SLP High Flow

Hey guys, I am looking at a better intake system for my 96 camaro. Right now I have the stock system with a K&N filter in it kinda sucks. So now I am looking at a K&N High flow system or a SLP High Flow system. I have no clue wich one is better! I was just wondering if I can get some more opinions. Thanks. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

i would also like a K&N or slp whichever is better. I am with MingisDew. Any opinions as to which is actually better?
    1996 Red Camaro 3.8L<br />Details, you say? Go here.<br /><a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/trek/brl866s/camaro.html\" target=\"_blank\">Slick Red</a><p>\"A Great Warrior defeats his enemies by smashing their fists with his face.\" - A Great Warrior

Comment

I am a firm believer in my SLP CAI. It made a very noticable increase in power and comes with everything necessary to install it (the 1LE elbow included is required for the 3.8 and I don't think is included with the K&N). As for the filters, SLP has 2 (non-K&N) but I was assured by the SLP rep that they are comprable or better than K&N. The SLP looks awsome, definatly show quality. The filters are a pain in the *** to install, though a small sacrifice. I still can't get over how much I love the sound of a tons of air being sucked through the intake. SLP all the way.
      1996 Silver Camaro, Y87, M5, cammed..<br />N/A Best Time: 14.012 @ 98.59<br />195 rwhp / 233 ft-lbs b/f heads/cam<br />Check out my site <a href=\"http://silver3800.cz28.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://silver3800.cz28.com/</a>

Comment

I used to have the K&N drop-in filter also. That does jack $#!t.

I now have the SLP CAI. I give it my seal of endorsement. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
        -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

The K&N thing sucks, its just a replacement for the air box. I've had both, and the SLP CAI actually makes a difference.
          1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

I love my SLP intake...

I miss the feel of it the first couple days after the install...I've gotten used to it already.

Can't beat the sucking noise, just makes the car sound meaner... :D

Comment

slp intake [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
              98 camaro 3.8 (THE PUNISHER)<p>JET STAGE II/B&M SHIFT PLUS/TAYLOR WIRES/SLP LOUDMOUTH w-3\" s- pipe/SLP CAI/SS MESH GRILLE/160 STAT/DERALE OIL COOLER<br />FLEXALITE TRANS COOLER/ 3.42-ZEXEL-TORSEN/KONIG MONSOON & KUHMO TIRES/MANUAL FAN SWITCH/1le sway bars & poly/KYB AGX SHOCKS/H&R SPRINGS/LS1 ALUMINUM DRIVE SHAFT/rk sport headers<p>WAITING FOR INSTALL:ssm heads,cam,3 angle valves/trans go shift kit

Comment

Why do people keep comparing the SLP intake to the K&N drop in. Of course there's no comparison because the K&N filtercharger is just a replacement that flows better and the SLP is an actual CAI. Now if you've had the K&N FIPK, that's a different story.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blue94V6:
                  ...Now if you've had the K&N FIPK, that's a different story.<hr></blockquote>

But that wasn't the question.

And unless K&N or some other company has started making a new product for us recently, then the SLP is the only company to offer a CAI that's actually MADE FOR the '95-'97 3.8.

[ June 08, 2002: Message edited by: RacerJ ]</p>

Comment

but wouldn't that FIPK work for 96-97 3.8 if you have the elbow?
                    1996 Red Camaro 3.8L<br />Details, you say? Go here.<br /><a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/trek/brl866s/camaro.html\" target=\"_blank\">Slick Red</a><p>\"A Great Warrior defeats his enemies by smashing their fists with his face.\" - A Great Warrior

Comment

G2 Motorsports also makes a cold air intake for the 95-97 F-Body
                      2004 Mazda RX-8 <br />Winning Blue Metallic<br />6

Comment

Probably, but what I was saying is that the SLP is the only one I know of which is made specifically for the 3.8L and specifically the '95-'97 models.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          4 days ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Little work today
                          by ssms5411
                          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X