Coming VERY Soon, Full Length 4" Cold Air Induction - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming VERY Soon, Full Length 4" Cold Air Induction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc Kyle:
    distephano, you're a moron
    :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by jc Kyle:
    do da do da
    Right, much more Intelligent sounding there buddy. :rolleyes:

Anyways, sorry if I came off mean, but it is true, there is no reason to have a 4" Intake pipe. There is also no reason to remove your A/C for something as simple as a CAI.
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Actually I didnt remove the a/c for an intake, my compressor was dead so I decided to take it off. I discovered AFTERWARDS that with the condensor gone I had more room to play with. Also, intake velocity in the ports (as someone already said) is the important one, not before the throttle body. Im going to try 3.5 pipe first and if there is an improvement from 3", then I might try 4, but i agree 4 might be too big. However, this setup with 3.5 or 3 is WAY more cost efficient and not ghetto like many other intakes i've seen. Nice rubber elbow, smooth bends, sealed piping, good filter, all for about $65-70, whats not to like????? And add painted black or blue or red or whatever for $5 more.
      1997 Pontiac Firebird 3.9L<br /><br /> - TSP Dyno Tuned<br /> - Bored 0.040<br /> - ARP Rod Bolts / Head Studs<br /> - Custom CAI<br /> - Pacesetter Ceramic Headers / !Cat<br /> - 3\" Catback w/SLP Firehawk Muffler<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/649312\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/649312</a>

Comment

ill buy it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok, here's the deal, I can get these intakes ready to bolt up to my door for the listed prices and they will all be fully complete with the following included parts:

1. 4" 90 Degree Rubber Elbow (throttle body to intake)

2. Mandrel Bent Custom Angled Connector Pipe (elbow to extension pipe)

3. Custom Length Extension Section (connector pipe to filter or optional 90 degree elbow)

4. [3.5" inlet x 5" diameter x 8.5" long] true K&N Filter or [4" inlet x 7" diameter x 9" long] true K&N air filter

5. Optional 90 degree elbow to place filter in lower area of bumper if desired instead of where the stock air box.

Painting will be $10 additional if desired or can be done yourself.

PRICES:::::

Complete 3.5" Kit (short) -------- $130
          Complete 3.5" Kit (fenderwell) --- $150

Complete 4" Kit (short) ---------- $145
          Complete 4" Kit (fenderwell) ----- $165

The 4" kit will not fit in the stock space avaliable between the radiator and ABS module, if you have a removed condensor however or can move the radiator shroud forward enough it will work just fine. The pipes will be fully welded and will have only 1 bend (besides the elbow to the throttle body, smooth mandrel bend) for the short systems and two for the fenderwell systems (other is at the 90 degree elbow). Im gauging interest right now so let me know if you are interested! This will be a bolt on for any angled throttle body 3.8 camaro or firebird, only self modification needed is to install the stock IAT sensor in the rubber elbow which is very simple and can be done anywhere desired, the best place being the stock location but since you get to do it you can put it wherever convenient. I would be willing to build these with 3" piping as well which might be a little bit cheaper but that would require 2-3 orders to arrange. Thanks again!
          1997 Pontiac Firebird 3.9L<br /><br /> - TSP Dyno Tuned<br /> - Bored 0.040<br /> - ARP Rod Bolts / Head Studs<br /> - Custom CAI<br /> - Pacesetter Ceramic Headers / !Cat<br /> - 3\" Catback w/SLP Firehawk Muffler<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/649312\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/649312</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X