How much do these mods help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do these mods help?

I want to run high to mid 14's in my Camaro and am wonderin what kind of mods i should get. It is the V6 with the Y87 package and want to get a whisper lid whit the K&N as well as headers and a full exhaust. How much power will this get me and how fast should i be with these mods? What other mods are good to get? Also, do aftermarket spark plugs make a difference? [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    Cars:<br />1986 Metallic BLue IROC-Z<br />-lots of mods<br />1999 Silver Camaro V6<br />-Y87 Auto<br />-bone stock

Also, what kind of exhaust parts or brands do u guys suggest?
    Cars:<br />1986 Metallic BLue IROC-Z<br />-lots of mods<br />1999 Silver Camaro V6<br />-Y87 Auto<br />-bone stock

Comment

Stock with the Y87 you should run low 15s, MAYBE high 14s. If you put those two mods on (lid/underhood ram air with the K&N) then you will definitely hit 14s, unless you have a dud lol. Headers and exhaust are always good mods. Headers you can go with either RKSports and hope you get a good set, have them welded up though. Or go with the CIA headers (clear image automotive) that will run you about 670. They are very good quality though. The CIA's may give you like 2 or 3 more HP gain. Exhaust, despite what you are told, do not put flowmaster on your v6. Put a dynomax catback or spintech muffler with a custom intermediate pipe. Make sure to mod your intake (lid and underhood ram air) in conjunction with the exhaust because they will work off of each other and sound better together too.

Scott

Comment

Wow, that helped a lot. I would love to hit a 14.9 bone stock. I was lookin at the headers and heard the RKsport had bad seals. Is this true? definitely gonna get the whisper lid. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes they have bad seals at the collector to the y pipe and cat. Or somewhere around there. They are also 2 bolt flanges, not 3 bolt, but as long as you have them tightened properly and or weld them up they should be fine. I plan to weld mine up whenever they get here (don't get me started on UPS).

Scott

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RockAuto
            Save on A/C Compressor Kits, Fuel Injectors & Distributors
            by RockAuto
            Four Seasons and Autoline are offering RockAuto customers a 10% instant manufacturer rebate on select A/C Kits, Fuel Injectors & Distributors throughout...
            1 hour ago
          • LETZRIDE
            How Tinting Your Windows Can Help Your Car
            by LETZRIDE

Your car will need care just like you do. You want it to last and have protection. It may surprise you buy window tinting can make your car last longer and keep your upholstery looking like new. While many assume window tinting is just for looks, it isn't. It can provide extended-lasting benefits to protect your vehicle.

Shade

The first reason is shade. Tinting your windows will protect you from sun damage and blocks harsh sunshine and windshield glare. That...
            18 hours ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Benefits of Clazzio leather seat covers for cars
            by LETZRIDE

Are cars mere machines used for transport from one place to another? Are they just a way of satisfying your social hunger? I am sure passionate car owners would feel otherwise. Don’t you love the freedom you experience when you explore the sensations that go through your body. It is not possible to experience the speed the swiftness without being in a car.

But when it comes to caring, do you maintain your car in a good manner? Even though the answer might be yes, I am...
            19 hours ago
          • mdiesel
            Front clip swap
            by mdiesel
            So I'm considering adding a new dimension to my rebuild of my 2000 camaro. I really like the earlier style 93-97 nose. It looks more aggressive than the...
            4 days ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Reupholstering Seats
            by LETZRIDE
            Got a deal on some used leathers that were in better shape than the one in my Camaro now. The previous owner didn’t really look after this car and the...
            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X