How much do these mods help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do these mods help?

I want to run high to mid 14's in my Camaro and am wonderin what kind of mods i should get. It is the V6 with the Y87 package and want to get a whisper lid whit the K&N as well as headers and a full exhaust. How much power will this get me and how fast should i be with these mods? What other mods are good to get? Also, do aftermarket spark plugs make a difference? [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    Cars:<br />1986 Metallic BLue IROC-Z<br />-lots of mods<br />1999 Silver Camaro V6<br />-Y87 Auto<br />-bone stock

Also, what kind of exhaust parts or brands do u guys suggest?
    Cars:<br />1986 Metallic BLue IROC-Z<br />-lots of mods<br />1999 Silver Camaro V6<br />-Y87 Auto<br />-bone stock

Comment

Stock with the Y87 you should run low 15s, MAYBE high 14s. If you put those two mods on (lid/underhood ram air with the K&N) then you will definitely hit 14s, unless you have a dud lol. Headers and exhaust are always good mods. Headers you can go with either RKSports and hope you get a good set, have them welded up though. Or go with the CIA headers (clear image automotive) that will run you about 670. They are very good quality though. The CIA's may give you like 2 or 3 more HP gain. Exhaust, despite what you are told, do not put flowmaster on your v6. Put a dynomax catback or spintech muffler with a custom intermediate pipe. Make sure to mod your intake (lid and underhood ram air) in conjunction with the exhaust because they will work off of each other and sound better together too.

Scott

Comment

Wow, that helped a lot. I would love to hit a 14.9 bone stock. I was lookin at the headers and heard the RKsport had bad seals. Is this true? definitely gonna get the whisper lid. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes they have bad seals at the collector to the y pipe and cat. Or somewhere around there. They are also 2 bolt flanges, not 3 bolt, but as long as you have them tightened properly and or weld them up they should be fine. I plan to weld mine up whenever they get here (don't get me started on UPS).

Scott

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            3 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X