GP on CIA Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok cool, thanks for the info racer [img]smile.gif[/img]
    R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

I don't see why they wouldnt be smog legal. I mean, I'm from a part of the country where this sort of testing isnt done... but I mean, yea the headers may not have a carb number, but would they affect a smog test?!?( I'm assuming this is an exhaust test where as fumes are tested).
      2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

They'll pass the sniffer test, but technically it's not legal for them to run the test if you don't have CARB numbers. So if they know you don't, they'll fail you before even running the car.
        -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Just wanted to state that although I did the whole exhaust system at once, the biggest change was in daily driving around town (it's hard to tell how fast you really are going @ WOT while in any car). You can really tell how much everything has helped when you drive around in 2nd gear start and it doesn't dog down like before. I love them.

They are a bit expensive though so unless you plan to keep your car for atleast 2 or 3 more years you might wanna give it a second thought. Not very good in the $/hp ratio but it'll still help in the quest to make your car perform to it's fullest potential.
          -96 Birdie<br />-2x 87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z<br />-97 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel

Comment

Thanks for the input Mike, finally some happy news on these headers [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the heads up RacerJ. There isn't any inspections shop in a 500 mile radius of me that probably even knows what a CARB # is.
            2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

So whats the verdict so far.. How many people we still have that are in?
              \'02 3.8L, Pewter Metallic Camaro<br /> - Y87 Performance Package<br /> - T-Tops<br /> - Monsoon Audio<br /> * SLP CAI<br /> * Whisper Lid<br /> * K&N Filter

Comment

Know what.. I'm gonna skip on this now.
                I've been doing a lot of reading, and I think that the set-up on my 2002 is fine for now.
                I'd rather do other items first (suspension/cat-back)
                \'02 3.8L, Pewter Metallic Camaro<br /> - Y87 Performance Package<br /> - T-Tops<br /> - Monsoon Audio<br /> * SLP CAI<br /> * Whisper Lid<br /> * K&N Filter

Comment

if i can come up with the money i am down
                  R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

there is better information on why not to buy this in the for sale section post.

If you have not replaced the s bend after your cat to a less of an s bend and larger pipe you will see just as much gain from a 700 dollar header. A guy actually did a dyno of changing the s bend to 3" and less of a restrictive bend and dynoed 5hp gain hmmm same dyno gain as the cia and rksport headers.

The stock manifolds flow fine for n/a v6.. open up from the cat back and your doing even better.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mike Mayron:
                      Not very good in the $/hp ratio but it'll still help in the quest to make your car perform to it's fullest potential.<hr></blockquote>

True.

Hey Mike, one of these days I'm going to give you a call about clearing those codes... honest. Hehe. No seriously, you're on my list of people to call sometime this weekend probably. Maybe we can drive up and meet Wenski for lunch? [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                      -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X