Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GP on CIA Headers

Check For Sale section
    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Does anyone know if these fit pre 98 3.8s?
    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Yep, I have them on my '96, and Mike Mayron has them on his '96 birdy.
      -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Umm... but don't you have an '02, Cale?

Comment

Yea, but I have this posted on some other boards, and just in case someone was wanting to know that had an older model. Thanks for the info though! I appreciate it.!!

Anyone that is interested should now know that if I can at LEAST get 5 order, CIA will take 30 bucks an order off. New total comes to 640 shipped for headers and y-pipe ceramic coated.
          If we can get more, then perhaps he can go less.

Check For Sale section for more details.

Comment

Cale -
            I'm lookin for headers for my 2002. I would go in on that. I talked to a guy at CIA and he would not guarantee me that the headers would fit. Are you sure they will fit our car?
            \'02 3.8L, Pewter Metallic Camaro<br /> - Y87 Performance Package<br /> - T-Tops<br /> - Monsoon Audio<br /> * SLP CAI<br /> * Whisper Lid<br /> * K&N Filter

Comment

Sang, check my post in the For Sale section for more info.

And as for fit, yep - I'm 101% sure they'd fit.

But as I said, check for sale section and make sure you're interested and let me know from there.

Thanks much though, we need support for this so we can get a discount! (plus I want those headers too [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

will these headers give a noticeable performance boost? i do have a custom built intake/ram air/something and some exhaust would this be beneficial even if i dont have a catback exhaust setup yet?
                R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

Jhon -

Boost power, yes, and once you got that bigger exhaust (as in cat-back) you'd be taking advantage of the headers that much more.

If you're looking for specific details on power gains, maybe someone on the board could put their 2 cents on how the enjoyed the power boost.

However, I do know that the big boys of the board are running headers and we cant expect to join them unless we're doing the same.

Look in the For Sale section if you'd like more info.

Comment

Are they smog leagal, because i don't want to have to take them off every other year. I live in California so smog is a bi#ch. :mad:
                    1997 red 3.8 M5-Daily Driver<br />I/E, Magnaflow cat... <br /><br />1990 Talon TSI AWD-Weekend Warrier<br />Forged internals, Front Mount, SS valves, crower springs, -still under construction. Best stock E.T. 14.3@92--&gt;missing 4th doh!!

Comment

Yes, they are.

Comment

cale you seem to know quite a bit about these headers, so i guess this question is for you
                        when i went to CIA's website the headers they had on their page were chrome, would it be worth it to pay the extra to have the chrome look? i like the way they look but if they are just going to burn in and loose their look i dont to pay the extra
                        also...how much different will these make in temperature in the engine bay? will it make a difference since it seems as though the stock manifold just looks like a chunk of iron......
                        any info is much appreciated
                        R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

Okay, a few things here:

1. NO, THEY ARE NOT SMOG LEGAL!
                          2. See the post I made in THIS THREAD (*click*) for more info. on how worthwhile headers are.
                          3. I seem to remember that the color on the chome coating will burn out (but it may have been the black). I'd just get the regular coating. I got the light grey - it looks nice. But call or e-mail CIA and check with them.
                          4. Remember that the stock manifolds have heat shields. Your headers will not! Buy them ceramic coated if you get them! Temp difference in the engine bay won't be a whole lot though. (That is comparing stock manifolds vs. coated headers).

Let me know if there's anything else. The worst question is the one that's unasked.

[ February 19, 2002: Message edited by: RacerJ ]</p>

Comment

only other question i might have is would i have to take anything off of the engine to mount the new headers on? is there enough room to manuver in there succesfully and remove the old manifolds and replace them without damaging anything?
                            also, if i run nitrous which i eventually plan on doing, probably start off with a light 65 shot and eventually work to a 100-125 shot, these headers would be a necessity? which would i need to get first nitrous or headers? im not really new at this ive been working on engines for years but nitrous kindof scares me and i want to be as safe as possible when i hook my system up

Comment

Hehehe... well, that's an interesting question.. You'd be amazed the way you can contort your arm and ignore the pain as the blood drains from it...

But seriously. The removal of the stock stuff is the worst part. You can get the heat shields off without cutting them, it just takes a whole lot of wiggling. And you can get the manifolds out ...it's just REALLY tricky. Worst part was having to get the O2 sensors off the manifolds BEFORE being able to pull the manifolds out. But yes, it can be done.

And as I recall, the only thing you have to remove is the oil dipstick tube and disconnect the EGR tube. There's an install guide on the site that Mike Wenski wrote for the RKSport headers. Most of the stuff in that applies for the CIA installation. Check it.

As for running NOS, it's not something I've done so I couldn't really say. What I do know is that you'll be pushing out a lot more exhaust, so yes at that point headers are a smart idea.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X