No announcement yet.

Please enter ...Oh come on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardly any cars come with "true dual exhaust" the z-28s have one pipe coming back, and a 1 in, 2 out muffler. Just like was said before, only the I pipe might be bigger. It will fit. BTW I have heard the dynomax isn't very loud. I asked around all the exhaust shops in town, and they all said Magnaflow provides the best dyno results (1 Guy builds race cars, and he checked it all out, I went and saw his operation), but it might sound like a "blue bird bus", it doesn't though. I haven't changed anything but the muffler and tips. I am very happy with my Magnaflow. I know a guy with a 3.4 and a flowmaster, its loud in the low rpm and sounds good, but when he gives it gas it sounds like a rake on a chalk board.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by michael:
      alright damnit, i know you guys dont have true dual exaust, so how in the hell did you get the 80 series to work, on the flowmaster website it says its for 8's only, meaning its a 2 in 2 out, how do u make it a 1 in 2 out (1 in 2 out is what you guys have right)<hr></blockquote>

It is a single in dual out muffler, even V8s are single in dual out...

[ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: TheCardinal ]</p>
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I have 2 1/2 turndown tips on my 80 series and it sounds great but there is a lot of interior resonance. It is ok for me b/c I only put like 50 miles a week on my car, if it is your daily driver i would get some tips that go straight back. You can get some nice tips from your exhast shop for around $20 each.
        RED 1995 CAMARO 3.4L<br />Moroso cai, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, B&M Shifter, Flowmaster 80-Series Muffler, Polygraphite Sway Bar Bushings, Endlinks, and Panhard Rod Bushings

Comment

yeah the part number on the muffler I want to purchase is 42583. It has one 2.5 in and dual 2.5 outs.

I am looking towards getting chrome tips put on. What size tip diameter should I go with.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X