EGR Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR Delete

Im havin a huge problem with this dam egr leaking from my pacesetter headers. i have tried everything and still getting that annoying ticking sound. two of my mechanics have worked on it and have tried everything. i asked both of them if we could just block it off but both of them disagreed. What is the worst that can happen by blocking off the egr? i know gas milaege but what else? im lookin at the egr block off plate from zzperformance. will that work? please reply.

you will need the plates and the sim unless you have tuning software..

they work great..

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks. I know from zzperformance they sell the plate for 5 bucks, but im not sure if the sim is included with it or i have to buy the sim seperate? if the sim is not included where can i get it?

http://www.zzperformance.com/zzp/pro...koff_plate.htm

Comment

its in their electronics section somewhere..

Comment

i was thinking about just welding the hole shut....... seems better then trying to get the block off plate to seal up....
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
            i was thinking about just welding the hole shut....... seems better then trying to get the block off plate to seal up....
            yes.. thats the best way for the header side.. however you wont want to weld on the cast iron intake manifold..

the block off plates work pretty well.. that + some ultra-black instant gasket stuff and you will be set on the header side.. the intake side jsut use the block off plate dont want any crap getting in your motor.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreGone:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by viper04af:
              yes.. thats the best way for the header side.. however you wont want to weld on the cast iron intake manifold..

the block off plates work pretty well.. that + some ultra-black instant gasket stuff and you will be set on the header side.. the intake side jsut use the block off plate dont want any crap getting in your motor.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
              </font>[/QUOTE]for the intake side i was going to try and make that work for my PSI sending unit and the BOV and waste gate... have to figure out how to do that.... guess a tap ad die kit and the right fittings i'll have to look at more when my car is sitting in front of me..

BTW did you notice any knock after removing it?
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

i bought the plate yesterday and im going to put a rubber hose on the EGR and run it up to the front of the car with a valve cover filter kinda like a tiny CAI instead of taking it off cause i dont want the code.
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I use the blockoff plate and sim on my car with no problems. My exhaust shop said it was a bad idea to do it as well, but I told them to stfu and just weld the header port closed. Don't listen to mechanics when it comes to things like that. Most of them don't know wtf they're talking about.

I do like all the extra room it gave me in my engine bay: http://home.cfl.rr.com/mkaprocki/Camaro/EGR.jpg
                  Matt
                  1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                  Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

How hard is it to hook up the egr sim? also can the block off plate be welded on while the header is still on the car or will it have to be taken off to weld the plate on,which is a pain to get the header off? also im thinkin of havin my headers welded to the y pipe instead of the clamps that are on their now. Has anyone else done this? Im tryin everything i can to get my drivers side header to stop leaking.I already changed the gasket and header bolts so its got to be the egr or the header connection to the y pip. Also i know the egr leak sounds like a ticking sound, but if something else is leaking like the gasket or the connection to the y pipe will it also make the same ticking sound?

Comment

its easy to install..

all you really need is like 2 wrenches.. two butt connectors..

verry simple..

however i wouldent do it unless you have a reason to do so..

Comment

Not a good Idea if the car is a daily driver, an egr system reduces cylender temps to get rid of NOX emissions. You ditch that setup and you have the possibility of burning exhaust valves over time. Im not trying to convince you not to but just think of all pros and cons before you start deleting it
                        -Chris<br />2001 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Current Mods: NOS Dry Kit and a few others<br />N/A: 15.5@88.9MPH<br />N2O: ??? <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/jtusa69888\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/jtusa69888</a>

Comment

It'll also cause you to fail emissions tests I've heard, not worth the small gain if you ask me.
                          2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

it depends on how they test in your area..

mine they test via the obd-2 port on all 97+ cars

so.. sims or tuning allow you to sneek by those..

on a roller test.. you do run the risk of not passing.. however its not a sure thing either way..

Comment

Does anyone know what the part number is for the tube that connects the egr to the manifold? Also where can i order this part from online?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X