tips changed the sound quite a bit *UPDATED W/ PICS* - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tips changed the sound quite a bit *UPDATED W/ PICS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips changed the sound quite a bit *UPDATED W/ PICS*

got my exhaust lifted [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] and put some 97' TA quad tips on it and now the sound is higher pitched and the rumble is quicker [img]redface.gif[/img]

i dont even know if i like the way the tips look [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img] let me figure out my digital camera and i'll put up some pics [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ December 29, 2004, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: BLLDOGG ]
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

I want to see some pics. I gotta get my exhaust by replacing that rubber hanger that garage put in for me (the rubber is stretched and is the original from the car itself so i need a new rubber piece that is tighter). I also want to one day (spring maybe) put those rumbler (oval) tips on the car instead of those magnaflow 3.5 inch slash ones.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Comment

well i tried to get some pics but its just too dark out and i couldnt get my extension cord to reach for a light to aluminate the car. I'll do it tomorrow with some full car pics.....after a good wash [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Get some pics up, and give it a few weeks, the sound might change for the better.

Austin, I like the new pic you put up on your page, very hot. :D
        -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

ain't it? :D

im ready through the instruction to install the software. pics will be up shortly [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

are they the stock TA tips?
            1999 silver firebird: whisper lid, KN, Flowmaster 80 series, 3:42 gears

Comment

yes, off a 97'

Comment

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member.../623045_80.jpg

theres a pic of the tips

Comment

they look really small - that could be why it doesnt sound as good
                  1999 silver firebird: whisper lid, KN, Flowmaster 80 series, 3:42 gears

Comment

they are small. i think they are only like 2.25-2.5" :( my 3 1/2" truck duals sounded badass

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      3 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X