Finally Got my Catback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Got my Catback

Well I went with 2.75" I-pipe and when it was being installed the guy found a problem. He showed me that the O2 sensor was after the cat so he could either leave it 2.25" out of the cat and then open it up or make a 3" pipe out of the cat and put a dung in there. I had him do the 2nd option.

Sound: Whoa damn. Idle is like a throaty V8 now. Get on the gas and the Dynomax rivals the "loundness" of a flowmaster and it sounds better...no ricey popcorn sounds when the revs come back down (no flames meant on ppl w/flows)

Performance: I was expecting a little more. Loss no low end power. I took the car to the track and ran the same E.T.s but at a higher RPM. Here were my runs...
    15.31, 15.40, 15.44 all at 87.xxMPH. I was really looking for a 14.9@90 or something like that. My 60' can't get any better with 2.12s all day. Am I still dying in the first 1/8th or the last 1/8th when I'm getting 9.8@70MPH?

those are some nice runs
    i want to run my car in the 1/4th
    its a complete stock y87 1997 camaro
    and my best in the 1/8th is 9.685
    im thinking of getting dynomax also when i get some money
    later
    1997 Y87 Camaro<br />SLP CAI<br />Exhaust cutout currently capped

Comment

How much was the whole setup and do ya have any clips?? Those are some decent times too. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

if someone gives me a place to host the files I'll record a clip.

Pricing:
        I had the work done at two different shops.
        (all prices with install)
        Muffler only: $115
        Tips: $80
        Catback w/patched Cat: $174

Total: $369

Comment

i can host em if you like, i also have a 99 so i'd be very interested on hearing em. lemme know.
          99 3.8 Camaro<br />Intake Mods: K&N filter, Whisper lid, free ram air, !air silencer, !maf screen<br />Exhaust Mods: Flowmaster 80 series, 3\" I-pipe, 3\" Cutout<br />Suspension: Intrax Springs (2\" drop)<br />Misc.: Fan switch mod, Hayden transmission cooler

Comment

your problem is that your mechanic put some dung in your exhaust,lol. that will kill your top end. check your post. n e ways i know what you meant. it's BUNG, that's still a funny word though. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
            96 wht. firebird 5sd. rk sport headers,3in.catco, spintech catback,CAI,FRA,3.42/lsd 180*t-stat, centerforce dual friction clutch, ls1 driveshaft, polyurethane trans. mount.<br />01 blk. z28 m6, borla exht, lid, k<br />+n, sfc., chrome 18in. y2k c5 wheels.

Comment

yea Rob I forgot the name of it...I got all confused from that other thread a while ago where he called it a dung/bung whatever...and ever since then I've been all confused. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'll record the sound sometime...but I need a hi-quality mike...all I hear is a lot of hiss with my exhaust...it makes it sound like $hit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X