Finally Got my Catback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Got my Catback

Well I went with 2.75" I-pipe and when it was being installed the guy found a problem. He showed me that the O2 sensor was after the cat so he could either leave it 2.25" out of the cat and then open it up or make a 3" pipe out of the cat and put a dung in there. I had him do the 2nd option.

Sound: Whoa damn. Idle is like a throaty V8 now. Get on the gas and the Dynomax rivals the "loundness" of a flowmaster and it sounds better...no ricey popcorn sounds when the revs come back down (no flames meant on ppl w/flows)

Performance: I was expecting a little more. Loss no low end power. I took the car to the track and ran the same E.T.s but at a higher RPM. Here were my runs...
    15.31, 15.40, 15.44 all at 87.xxMPH. I was really looking for a 14.9@90 or something like that. My 60' can't get any better with 2.12s all day. Am I still dying in the first 1/8th or the last 1/8th when I'm getting 9.8@70MPH?

those are some nice runs
    i want to run my car in the 1/4th
    its a complete stock y87 1997 camaro
    and my best in the 1/8th is 9.685
    im thinking of getting dynomax also when i get some money
    later
    1997 Y87 Camaro<br />SLP CAI<br />Exhaust cutout currently capped

Comment

How much was the whole setup and do ya have any clips?? Those are some decent times too. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

if someone gives me a place to host the files I'll record a clip.

Pricing:
        I had the work done at two different shops.
        (all prices with install)
        Muffler only: $115
        Tips: $80
        Catback w/patched Cat: $174

Total: $369

Comment

i can host em if you like, i also have a 99 so i'd be very interested on hearing em. lemme know.
          99 3.8 Camaro<br />Intake Mods: K&N filter, Whisper lid, free ram air, !air silencer, !maf screen<br />Exhaust Mods: Flowmaster 80 series, 3\" I-pipe, 3\" Cutout<br />Suspension: Intrax Springs (2\" drop)<br />Misc.: Fan switch mod, Hayden transmission cooler

Comment

your problem is that your mechanic put some dung in your exhaust,lol. that will kill your top end. check your post. n e ways i know what you meant. it's BUNG, that's still a funny word though. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
            96 wht. firebird 5sd. rk sport headers,3in.catco, spintech catback,CAI,FRA,3.42/lsd 180*t-stat, centerforce dual friction clutch, ls1 driveshaft, polyurethane trans. mount.<br />01 blk. z28 m6, borla exht, lid, k<br />+n, sfc., chrome 18in. y2k c5 wheels.

Comment

yea Rob I forgot the name of it...I got all confused from that other thread a while ago where he called it a dung/bung whatever...and ever since then I've been all confused. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'll record the sound sometime...but I need a hi-quality mike...all I hear is a lot of hiss with my exhaust...it makes it sound like $hit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                Low Voltage
                by Vladimir Gecko
                I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                5 hours ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                6 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                3 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X