how do I "gut" my cat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RacerJ:
    Illegal and no real performance pick up. Just go buy a highflow cat for $50.<hr></blockquote>

Have you done this and then put on a high flow cat? The performance on the top end is incredible. Come on, even ricers can figure out that more flow give you more upper rpm power. With a stick you don't even really use the low rpms when racing, just going around town because after this mod those will be the only rpms that you'll want others to hear, they do sound awsome though. With an automatic though, it might slow you down off the line, I don't really know. This could contribute to why James was slower but I seriously think he should try it again a few times. Magnus got like a .4 sec improvement on NOS by just unbolting his Y pipe and eliminating all of the exhaust system.

With a FTRA and a 3" pipe through my cat I improved .2 sec in the quarter. My worst is now better than my previous best.

[ April 30, 2002: Message edited by: Ttop34 ]</p>
    1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X