No announcement yet.

I need help with Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you've obviously never heard a good Flowmaster. Mine is much louder and better sounding, even someone with a Dynomax told me that. He switched to it after he heard mine. Yes Dynomax would sound best right when you hook it up, but Flowmaster will sound best after a while. Flowmaster has more of a mean rumble to it. The guy you talked to obviously meant when you hook it up it doesn't sound very good. By the way, Dynomax has been known to fall apart, Flowmaster is the top brand out there.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

Your best bet is to try and find a few people in your area and listen to them. That is the way to make the best decision for yourself. You can listen to people here argue back and forth about their exhaust but it really won't get you anywhere. Each manufacturer has their own sound. Some like it and some don't. It's like people arguing about who has the better looking paint color. Tastes are different, and therefore so are opinions. Personally I have never heard a Flowmaster that I liked, on any car. Does that mean it sounds bad....of course not. I simply don't like the Flowmaster sound. Plenty of others do. You need to determine that for yourself.

These topics are discussed many times on the board but there's never a clear cut winner. I would certainly use the board to get suggestions on narrowing down the huge number of available brands, but the end decision should be yours :D

[ March 04, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]

[ March 04, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]</p>

Comment

Hey 85. About an Intake, I am not sure if one exists for the 2.8L I found one at a reasonable price from Lingenfelter, but I also have a 97 L36 (3.8L) that they keep in stock. (Lingefelter are highily known for thier Corvette High Performance Mods.) Most intake systems have been designed for port injection manifold cars, doesn't yours use a carb? If so, look to K&N, they have a filtercharger element that replaces your old "skillet" breather with a filtered top, called Xtereme. I know SummitRacing.com caries them in their catalog, you can also check them out at PerformanceProducts.com. As for the exhaust, I have heard a 6 cyl on the Edelbrock, and they sound good, however the Flowmaster is probalbly the most inexpensive, and SummitRacing caries all the ones mentioned in thier online catalog if you want to check them all out. I think I'll end up with the Flow 80s only cause their $60 cheaper then the Edelbrock.
        1997 Camaro. Lingenfelter Super Tube CAI. Flowmaster 80 series w/ dual out.

Comment

Hes right about a flowmaster mine sounds damn good, much better than dynomax, because it's like a fine wine gets better with age...Took about a year to get rid off the cracking and popping. Can't wait to get my 3 inch pipes on. Also I have the rear section off a 2000 ss, in excellent shape. Haven't heard it, probably be quieter and smoother than the flowmaster, thats probbably going up for sale real soon. Email me an offer at jjminch@yahoo.com if interested. Not trying to pitch a sales pitch but if you want a cheap exhaust.
          Josh<br />96 Red Firebird <br />SLP intake, zex nitrous 75 shot(for sale), purge kit, MAC lca + phr, Jamex springs, flowmaster 80 series, ES tranny bushing, SCR subframe conectors, Harlan shiftlight, A/F guage, MSD dis-4, Accel wires w/ NGK tr6\'s, foglights, stereo, zexel torsion LSD, Walboro 255 pump, and more.<br />Looking for: 1le ds, nx wet kit + accesories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X