Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good price or rip off???

My friend was quoted by a local muffler shop $400 for the following:

Dynomax Turbo Muffler (dual outs, 2.5" in/out)
    2.5" I-pipe
    Chrome Tips
    All other pipes, connectors, or whatever else...
    Price includes Installation...

Sound okay or high?

Thanks guys!

sounds kinda steep. I paid $275 for flowmaster, tailpipes and chrome tips installed. Its pretty much the same your getting except the dynomax are usually cheaper and I didnt get an i pipe.

Comment

Well ... it's up to you ... but you can get a used / or take off / or practically new SS Factory catback, loudmouth, or dual dual for half of that (I got my SS Rear section with I pipe for FREE), and have it installed for about $50.
      So ...
      -Rob
      <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pgriffith:
        sounds kinda steep. I paid $275 for flowmaster, tailpipes and chrome tips installed. Its pretty much the same your getting except the dynomax are usually cheaper and I didnt get an i pipe.<hr></blockquote>

Yep, just got my flmast today for $279 installed.

It kinna sounds like it's not flowing enough though or something. It's good at idle. If I installed a high flow cat, do you think that would help?
        98 3.8 A4<br />yep it\'s a 6

Comment

it takes a while to break in... mine sounded terrible at first but now it sounds better every day.... [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          99 3800 NBM Camaro - (Xcessive Xcelleration Racing Team)<br />Ram/Cold Air Induction (custom)<br />Modified 4l60e Valve Body<br />Z28 Catback<br />SS Hood <br />Modified 99 GM 3800II <br />JB Performance Engineering<br />jfbperformance@cox.net

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blizzard96:
            My friend was quoted by a local muffler shop $400 for the following:

Dynomax Turbo Muffler (dual outs, 2.5" in/out)
            2.5" I-pipe
            Chrome Tips
            All other pipes, connectors, or whatever else...
            Price includes Installation...

Sound okay or high?

Thanks guys!
            <hr></blockquote>

Ask how much they charge for labor alone. A dynomax catback for the 93-97 models are only $260 from summit. Don't get the 98+ unless you wanna pay an extra $140. The only difference between the two is the hanger locations.

[ March 15, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>
            <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll tell him to call around a bit more.

Hey Short, do you know the P/N for the 93-97 catback?

Comment

Here you go 17429. It might be a 3" catback though.
                <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Actually i dont think its that bad.

This is what i payed.

$245 For flows
                  $ 55 instalation
                  so that comes out to $300

But then i dont have any tips..just used the ones that came w/ the flows.

I got quoted $25 per tip for instalation...so thats $50 just to install tips, not including the price for the tips. I dont think the price u got quoted was really that bad.
                  <a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/danny83/car_pix\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.pbase.com/danny83/root</a><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/ttopbird96\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/ttopbird96</a> [/URL]<br />00 NMB Formula M6<br />323.4HP, 336.5TQ<br />Lid, Filter, Cutout, all else stock :)<p>\"Let the modding begin!\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96 T-Top Bird:
                    I dont think the price u got quoted was really that bad.<hr></blockquote>

But your setup (without even talking about tips) was about $100 more than what he's talking about. $400 is steep.

I'm doing pretty much the same setup. I got my SuperTurbo (came in the mail yesterday! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] ) for $45 and my I-pipe for like $70. So that's $115, say about $127 after shipping. Add install and tailpipes, and you're at about $220 maybe. With nice tips what would come out to about $300. Shouldn't be more than about that.
                    -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

I paid $280 for my edelbrock catback and $60 for install.

:D
                      *MATT* <p>98 Camaro SS #1767 A4<br />Artic White<br />Not stock...<p>Former car:<br />96 Firebird Y87 A4<br />Bright Red<br />Wasn\'t stock...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                        Low Voltage
                        by Vladimir Gecko
                        I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                        2 hours ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        5 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X