Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good price or rip off???

My friend was quoted by a local muffler shop $400 for the following:

Dynomax Turbo Muffler (dual outs, 2.5" in/out)
    2.5" I-pipe
    Chrome Tips
    All other pipes, connectors, or whatever else...
    Price includes Installation...

Sound okay or high?

Thanks guys!

sounds kinda steep. I paid $275 for flowmaster, tailpipes and chrome tips installed. Its pretty much the same your getting except the dynomax are usually cheaper and I didnt get an i pipe.

Comment

Well ... it's up to you ... but you can get a used / or take off / or practically new SS Factory catback, loudmouth, or dual dual for half of that (I got my SS Rear section with I pipe for FREE), and have it installed for about $50.
      So ...
      -Rob
      <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pgriffith:
        sounds kinda steep. I paid $275 for flowmaster, tailpipes and chrome tips installed. Its pretty much the same your getting except the dynomax are usually cheaper and I didnt get an i pipe.<hr></blockquote>

Yep, just got my flmast today for $279 installed.

It kinna sounds like it's not flowing enough though or something. It's good at idle. If I installed a high flow cat, do you think that would help?
        98 3.8 A4<br />yep it\'s a 6

Comment

it takes a while to break in... mine sounded terrible at first but now it sounds better every day.... [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          99 3800 NBM Camaro - (Xcessive Xcelleration Racing Team)<br />Ram/Cold Air Induction (custom)<br />Modified 4l60e Valve Body<br />Z28 Catback<br />SS Hood <br />Modified 99 GM 3800II <br />JB Performance Engineering<br />jfbperformance@cox.net

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blizzard96:
            My friend was quoted by a local muffler shop $400 for the following:

Dynomax Turbo Muffler (dual outs, 2.5" in/out)
            2.5" I-pipe
            Chrome Tips
            All other pipes, connectors, or whatever else...
            Price includes Installation...

Sound okay or high?

Thanks guys!
            <hr></blockquote>

Ask how much they charge for labor alone. A dynomax catback for the 93-97 models are only $260 from summit. Don't get the 98+ unless you wanna pay an extra $140. The only difference between the two is the hanger locations.

[ March 15, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>
            <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll tell him to call around a bit more.

Hey Short, do you know the P/N for the 93-97 catback?

Comment

Here you go 17429. It might be a 3" catback though.
                <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Actually i dont think its that bad.

This is what i payed.

$245 For flows
                  $ 55 instalation
                  so that comes out to $300

But then i dont have any tips..just used the ones that came w/ the flows.

I got quoted $25 per tip for instalation...so thats $50 just to install tips, not including the price for the tips. I dont think the price u got quoted was really that bad.
                  <a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/danny83/car_pix\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.pbase.com/danny83/root</a><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/ttopbird96\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/ttopbird96</a> [/URL]<br />00 NMB Formula M6<br />323.4HP, 336.5TQ<br />Lid, Filter, Cutout, all else stock :)<p>\"Let the modding begin!\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96 T-Top Bird:
                    I dont think the price u got quoted was really that bad.<hr></blockquote>

But your setup (without even talking about tips) was about $100 more than what he's talking about. $400 is steep.

I'm doing pretty much the same setup. I got my SuperTurbo (came in the mail yesterday! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] ) for $45 and my I-pipe for like $70. So that's $115, say about $127 after shipping. Add install and tailpipes, and you're at about $220 maybe. With nice tips what would come out to about $300. Shouldn't be more than about that.
                    -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

I paid $280 for my edelbrock catback and $60 for install.

:D
                      *MATT* <p>98 Camaro SS #1767 A4<br />Artic White<br />Not stock...<p>Former car:<br />96 Firebird Y87 A4<br />Bright Red<br />Wasn\'t stock...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X