ram air hoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ram air hoods

What do you guys think about them, if you purchase the functional kit, is it worth it... looks plus performance, or is it just a waste of money and i should just stick w/ a CAI?? Could someone post a link to a sight with hoods/kits for sale??

it makes the car in my opinion. compared to my stock hood and now i have the ws6 hood makes it look so much tougher than before. it was a modd that was fairly expensive but worth it in the end.
    2000 firebird w68, auto, t-tops , 3.42 , k&n, whisper lid, taylor 8mm spark plug wires , bosch spark plugs , 3\"in/out carsound CAT , 3\" i pipe, take off trans am muffler, C6 Z06 rims

Comment

Hoods are just for looks... you wont really see much preformance gains out of them. I love my hood though... completely different car. :D

Comment

Here's a website www.suncoastcreations.com

Although I bought one for 300 bux on ebay. It was in an RKSport garage sale
        \"I\'m going to torment you beyond the end of time, and hit you with a steamroller!\"

Comment

i think hoods are probably the best appearence mod you can do, i just got a OEM ws6 ram air hood for $300 plus $600 for the paint, it looks awsome. it is functional but i don't have an air box yet, but i have noticed that i do run a few degres cooler becasue of the large amount of cold air in the engine compartment.

also i would suggest that you either get a SMC or carbon fiber hood, becasue it will last as long as your car, the fiber glass will last a few years but cannot take a beating like the composite hoods. slp makes awsome hoods but they are expensive [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          Red 94 Firebird: KIA<br />Black 2000 WS6 T/A: Parts for Sale

Comment

QUOTE] i just got a OEM ws6 ram air hood for $300 plus $600 for the paint, it looks awsome [/QUOTE]

why did the painjob cost more than the hood?

im thinking about getting the volant intake, that way my setup is a true ram air
            I guess I\'d have answer your question with another question.<br /><br />How many Abidiginals do you see in modeling??????<br /><br />headers, 3inch magnaflow cat, Loudmouth<br />99 Midnight Blue Firebird<br />3.8L A4

Comment

the hood had a small chip in the corner, and the hood was never mounted, so it had to have a bunch of crap done to it, also i got both sides painted, fuggin thing cost me an arm and a leg but its worth it [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
              Red 94 Firebird: KIA<br />Black 2000 WS6 T/A: Parts for Sale

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                Low Voltage
                by Vladimir Gecko
                I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                2 hours ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                5 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                3 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X