ram air hoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ram air hoods

What do you guys think about them, if you purchase the functional kit, is it worth it... looks plus performance, or is it just a waste of money and i should just stick w/ a CAI?? Could someone post a link to a sight with hoods/kits for sale??

it makes the car in my opinion. compared to my stock hood and now i have the ws6 hood makes it look so much tougher than before. it was a modd that was fairly expensive but worth it in the end.
    2000 firebird w68, auto, t-tops , 3.42 , k&n, whisper lid, taylor 8mm spark plug wires , bosch spark plugs , 3\"in/out carsound CAT , 3\" i pipe, take off trans am muffler, C6 Z06 rims

Comment

Hoods are just for looks... you wont really see much preformance gains out of them. I love my hood though... completely different car. :D

Comment

Here's a website www.suncoastcreations.com

Although I bought one for 300 bux on ebay. It was in an RKSport garage sale
        \"I\'m going to torment you beyond the end of time, and hit you with a steamroller!\"

Comment

i think hoods are probably the best appearence mod you can do, i just got a OEM ws6 ram air hood for $300 plus $600 for the paint, it looks awsome. it is functional but i don't have an air box yet, but i have noticed that i do run a few degres cooler becasue of the large amount of cold air in the engine compartment.

also i would suggest that you either get a SMC or carbon fiber hood, becasue it will last as long as your car, the fiber glass will last a few years but cannot take a beating like the composite hoods. slp makes awsome hoods but they are expensive [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          Red 94 Firebird: KIA<br />Black 2000 WS6 T/A: Parts for Sale

Comment

QUOTE] i just got a OEM ws6 ram air hood for $300 plus $600 for the paint, it looks awsome [/QUOTE]

why did the painjob cost more than the hood?

im thinking about getting the volant intake, that way my setup is a true ram air
            I guess I\'d have answer your question with another question.<br /><br />How many Abidiginals do you see in modeling??????<br /><br />headers, 3inch magnaflow cat, Loudmouth<br />99 Midnight Blue Firebird<br />3.8L A4

Comment

the hood had a small chip in the corner, and the hood was never mounted, so it had to have a bunch of crap done to it, also i got both sides painted, fuggin thing cost me an arm and a leg but its worth it [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
              Red 94 Firebird: KIA<br />Black 2000 WS6 T/A: Parts for Sale

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X