No announcement yet.

SLP Air Lid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we can put a v8 lid on our cars?. I might do this also . Here in my area there's a guy selling a clear lid. But its damaged on the neck and a tab . Other than that its good.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by FIREBIRDV6RAGE View Post
      So we can put a v8 lid on our cars?. I might do this also . Here in my area there's a guy selling a clear lid. But its damaged on the neck and a tab . Other than that its good.

Depends on the damage, but I'd probably avoid the one locally. Plus it may have a wider or narrower neck which makes plumbing it to the tb more complicated. You can find a SLP lid on ls1tech very cheap and fast. Then, since you have a 2000, pick up the zzp intake tubing I mentioned on the first page, and you'll be good to go. Very simple, sounds better and feels better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibanezz View Post
        Depends on the damage, but I'd probably avoid the one locally. Plus it may have a wider or narrower neck which makes plumbing it to the tb more complicated. You can find a SLP lid on ls1tech very cheap and fast. Then, since you have a 2000, pick up the zzp intake tubing I mentioned on the first page, and you'll be good to go. Very simple, sounds better and feels better.
        Yea that is true but it don't matter any more looks like he sold it. It was cool tho I've never seen a clear one before.

Comment

Re: SLP Air Lid?

In advance, sorry for the stupid questions. how do I remove this from the air intake tube. Take a flat head and tear it up?

More dumb questions to follow I'm sure
          Attached Files
          Last edited by nightowl; 08-08-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Get a flathead screw driver and pry up on the tab. Sometimes it takes 2, one to push up in the tab and one to pry. I got it on and off a couple times before I either bent it or snapped it. Screw that crap.

Comment

Get a flathead screw driver and pry up on the tab. Sometimes it takes 2, one to push up in the tab and one to pry. I got it on and off a couple times before I either bent it or snapped it. Screw that crap.
              Thats what I thought. Thanks again Ibanezz.

Comment

Once you get the new piece on, you can junk the baffles and the terrible clamps that go with it.

Comment

Once you get the new piece on, you can junk the baffles and the terrible clamps that go with it.
                  Did you have trouble getting the baffles out? I got the lid off then I'm trying to the baffle out and pushing up and it's not coming out. I dont want to force it and screw up the MAF up.

Comment

Sometimes they are tricky, pull the lid out, then you can actually stick your hand in and push out on the rubber coupler that connects to the tb. I used that method to hook it back up Cuz its hard to get it to seat on the tb sometimes. But yeah once you disconnect it from the tb just lift it all straight up

Comment

Got the Baffle out without no trouble after some moving, but a fan at the end of the baffle came out with it. Do I need to put that back with the new tube or is it not needed?

Now all I need to do is cut the air duct hose for the right measurement and connect it to the bellow/MAF, did I miss anything?

Comment

Fan??

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's not stock...someone put that in there because it's supposed to "twist the air for better fuel efficiency" A waste of money since all they really do is restrict airflow...
                            aka FreedStyle
                            Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                            2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Lol! Please throw that into the nearest garbage can and light it on fir e

Comment

Ahahah, that's awesome! Put it up on ebay for 30 bucks, someone will buy it.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X