SLP Air Lid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP Air Lid?

SLP only makes air lids for V8s so I've basically read what I'll need, just tell me if I'm on the right track or not cause this will be my first time modding anything on a car.

I've seen alot of people using Dryer tubing but that to me just ain't cuttin' it so I'll be using flexible intake tube instead with 3"-4" couplers .Chrome 90 degree bend intake tube with a 3" coupler.

The parts cost almost as much as the Lid, but in the end it will be worth it. Did I cover everything I'll need? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Do you have a 98, or 99-02? That's the big factor

Comment

Re: SLP Air Lid?

99' bird

Comment

Ah good. As long as you didn't have the 98 intake its a piece of cake. Just buy 1 foot of this http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/...ke-Tubing.aspx. its like $10 and cost me $7 in shipping. Go to auto zone and buy a 2 pack of either 4 or 4.5" hose clamps. That's all you need. I cut a few inches off the intake tubing and I think it came out great. Throttle feels better and it sound and looms great.

Comment

Here's some pics.of mine
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ibanezz View Post
            Ah good. As long as you didn't have the 98 intake its a piece of cake. Just buy 1 foot of this http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/...ke-Tubing.aspx. its like $10 and cost me $7 in shipping. Go to auto zone and buy a 2 pack of either 4 or 4.5" hose clamps. That's all you need. I cut a few inches off the intake tubing and I think it came out great. Throttle feels better and it sound and looms great.
            So I don't need a 90 degrees elbow air tube? I was using this 98 Firebird as a reference point but as you mentioned the 98s are a pain.
            Attached Files

Comment

98s have an angled tb. 99-02 are straight. If you had a 98 you'd need a 90* elbow, 2 couplers and tubing. For ours you can run that zzp tubing straight from the lid to the tb

That guys write up is great for the 98s, but fortunately we dont have to deal with that

Comment

Thanks for the help Ibanezz :tup:

Comment

Just check the for sale forum. Someone is bound to sale theirs for V6.

Comment

Anybody have trouble putting in plastic plug? It doesn't even friggin' fit

I've bent and squeezed and still the POS wont fit :(

Comment

Reffering to the sensor? Or the quarter sized hole on the box that the v8's AIR tube went in?

Comment

Yes, Quarter sized hole on the right side

Comment

I guess some came with plugs? The one I bought just had some electrical tape covering it from the outside. Which actually did a very good job at sealing it...
                          can't remember the name of it, its like jb weld for plastic, and kinda rolled a ball, flattened it, stuck it in the hold and took two small flat pieces of wood with a clamp, and let it sit, then sanded it smooth. I ended up painting mine and it looks like there was never a hole. Was a very simple thing to do. I have some pics if you're interested

Comment

Yes please any info will help.

I've read others going to lowes and getting a plug. Isn't that always the answer...need a car part go to the hardware store

Comment

That's the only pic I have. Thought I took more. But I was painting my lid and trading it to my buddy in return for his SLP lid. So I also bondo'd the slp engravings so the lid was perfectly smooth. I'll check tomorrow what product I used. Pretty sure its jb weld for plastic. It comes in a tube with 2 things wrapped up, you cut a chunk off and kneed them together like playdough. Made a little flat circle and.centered it in the hole. It gets really hot, you're.supposed to get a cup of water and dial your fingers in and smooth out the stuff.in the first couple mins, helps in the end since it is so hard once it cures, it was a pain in the *** to sand. But is such a durable solution. Looks great
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X