Best replacement cat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best replacement cat?

You can buy them at Autozone or Oreilly for the Felpro header gaskets, for the cat you can buy a 3" cat on ebay or any place that sells 3" cats. Catco I think is on ebay. Also if you want a great seal, buy a can of copper spray while your at the parts store and spray the Felpros down with the copper spray and you'll get a better seal after you install your headers.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 06-09-2013, 01:41 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      You can buy them at Autozone or Oreilly for the Felpro header gaskets, for the cat you can buy a 3" cat on ebay or any place that sells 3" cats. Catco I think is on ebay. Also if you want a great seal, buy a can of copper spray while your at the parts store and spray the Felpros down with the copper spray and you'll get a better seal after you install your headers.
      Would you recommend changing them myself or having it professionally done on a 2001 3800? and Just a 3 inch cat will fit it. nothing special?

Comment

Originally posted by nwilson44 View Post
        Would you recommend changing them myself or having it professionally done on a 2001 3800? and Just a 3 inch cat will fit it. nothing special?
        If you have the time you could do it yourself pretty straight forward job,any 3" cat will do , you'll need to have the exhaust done to 3" after the cat so you'll need a 3" S pipe and 3" over the axle and a 3" muffler and tips. If your doing it all at one time I would have the exhaust shop just do it all at once will be cheaper down the road but you could do the headers yourself then take it to the exhaust shop to have the whole exhaust done will be cheaper.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

just like oem Victor Reinz/Exhaust Manifold Gasket

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par..._607533_19698_

Comment

are the pacesetter donut gaskets good?

Comment

are the pacesetter donut gaskets good?

If it was me I would have the 2 bolt flanges cut off and have 3 bolt flanges welded on. Or do what I did have T-bolt flanges welded on that way theres no gaskets.
              Last edited by ssms5411; 06-10-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Which is the best universal 3-inch cat?

http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...er-in/3-000-in

And thats a good idea to weld it

Comment

Any Cat will do, and I would have it all welded except for the Y pipe have flanges on the header spots and the 3" opening in case you need to drop the pan or engine.

Comment

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-54959

This is the one I picked up to run with my pacesetters.

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
                      http://m.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-54959

This is the one I picked up to run with my pacesetters.
                      No check engine light with this one?

Comment

I never had a DTC come on for it.

Comment

Sweet sounds good. I am going to go that route then. I can do the pacesetters and universal 3 inch cat cheaper than it would cost to buy an OEM y-pipe with a cat.

Comment

i probably have a 3in 3out carsound cat around here somewhere, new in box and all. i dont need it now so id sell it for 40-50 bucks just to get it out of the parts i dont need now pile.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                              i probably have a 3in 3out carsound cat around here somewhere, new in box and all. i dont need it now so id sell it for 40-50 bucks just to get it out of the parts i dont need now pile.
                              I'm not familiar with the brand. I just want something that keeps the check engine light off for a long while lol it bothers me

Comment

I'm not familiar with the brand. I just want something that keeps the check engine light off for a long while lol it bothers me
                                its made by magnaflow if i remember right. its OEM style just higher flowing.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                                Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X