aftermarket intake mainfold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket intake mainfold

so i was just searching and looking for any bolt on parts for my bird and came acroos this. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/df...model/firebird

i tried to find any one with this on their engine but no finds so far.

any one have any experiences with it or should i just stay with the stock one?

Re: aftermarket intake mainfold

That's for a fwd 3800.

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyrs96 View Post
      That's for a fwd 3800.
      well i chose firebird to narrow it down and it gave me this also

Comment

Originally posted by FIREBIRDV6RAGE View Post
        well i chose firebird to narrow it down and it gave me this also
        Thats only because of what size motor you put in the search. Thats a fwd 3800 and its a plastic replacement. Unless you want the intake where your radio sits. Its gonna have to be custom made.

Comment

Originally posted by akirony View Post
          Thats only because of what size motor you put in the search. Thats a fwd 3800 and its a plastic replacement. Unless you want the intake where your radio sits. Its gonna have to be custom made.
          so there is no after market mainfold for our engine, i was hoping it would fit it would look cool :tup:

Comment

Nope.

Comment

I have that piece sitting in my garage, its from the fwd cars, the lim is different from ours as well... I don't see why you cant use it if you bolt up the lim as well. The issue is it is taller than ours and would require cutting the cowl area to make it fit. The next issue is that it doesn't flow better than ours and I believe they are prone to cracking over time because they are plastic

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                I have that piece sitting in my garage, its from the fwd cars, the lim is different from ours as well... I don't see why you cant use it if you bolt up the lim as well. The issue is it is taller than ours and would require cutting the cowl area to make it fit. The next issue is that it doesn't flow better than ours and I believe they are prone to cracking over time because they are plastic
                then there is no point to add it it looks like it would perform better though but thanks for thhe info man

Comment

you want a good read on aftermarket intakes for these cars, read this thread. It's gotten interesting:

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...manifold-setup

Comment

you want a good read on aftermarket intakes for these cars, read this thread. It's gotten interesting:

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...manifold-setup
                    i see and speaking of the holden upper intakes you just received one too. im starting to get intrested in that intake to the looks of it they are rare and hard to come by. i e bay searched it and only one is avalable and its in australia and looks dirty too.

by the way that mainfold should just take place of your lower n upper mainfolds right . but is there any proof of any big gains and if you lose fuel economy with it on our cars.

Comment

Don't know if anyone has officially measured the gains on it's own. You're only finding the holden pieces in Australia because that is the only place you can get holden parts lol.

That's what makes those intakes so rare and hard to come by. It's also the reason not many are tested on this end.

2ndly, the holden intake isn't a direct swap it in and go. There are a bunch of modifications that need to be done. A few members have done it. Travis being one of them http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...=holden&page=9

By design default, the holden is a better setup with longer runners and a more evenly distributed airflow to cylinders. It also makes designing a custom upper intake manifold such as this one http://holmart.com.au/online/prod1647.htm alot easier. You'll be able to custom mount something with ease to a holden as compared to our ugly/inefficient stock pieces.

Comment

Harry Doolittle went 11.84 at 111mph in his 3.8L NHRA Bird with the stock manifold gasket matched.

This story shows his 12 second V6 Vert, he later changed to a HT coupe that runs 11's.

Nothing wrong with the stock intake manifold,you just need CAI and headers to get it to breathe.

http://www.mmshof.org/inductees/Doolittle_Harry.html

Comment

Did he do that on the stock piece? I am almost positive Tim King used a holden manifold or a variation of...I could be wrong. Someone who knows for sure will eventually chime in. I thought I had pictures of it somewhere

Comment

i see.....

Comment

Did he do that on the stock piece? I am almost positive Tim King used a holden manifold or a variation of...I could be wrong. Someone who knows for sure will eventually chime in. I thought I had pictures of it somewhere
                              Yes he did Mike,there is an engine shot in this months Drag Racer magazine.

PM me your snail mail addy and I will mail the mag out to you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X