still failing emissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: still failing emissions

the sim is working. I put it on nearly 2 weeks ago, then reset the PCM, no codes. Problem is, I can't get the catalyst, o2 sensor heater, and evap system to go into "ready" state to pass emissions and I've done atleast 2 drive cycles according to GM's standards, and put nearly 400 miles on it since then.

Comment

Those are called OBD II readiness TESTS. They have nothing to do with how your car runs. Search LS1tech for them and you will find a drive cycle that will complete them.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        The reader should clear the codes, if its coming back on then the sim isn't working.
        you cant just clear the codes, its not like having hp tuners where in hp tuners it completely takes out the code altogether.
        the lil hand held ones just reboot the pcm and if there's still a problem it will come back. And every time you erase a code it resets the computer so you have to go driving around a bunch to get all the systems ready again.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

To be honest you shouldn't need a sim. The only reason your original sensor died out is it was hanging by a thread, the higher flow just pushed it to the limit. All mine went when I changed my exhaust, better all at once I guess. I went duals and high flow cat, with one O2 on the passenger side cat, no issues (knock, knock). Something doesn't sound right about your situation though. I could be wrong, but is not the post cat sensor heat sensitive? If the sim is not working properly, the voltage the computer is looking for isn't there, or simply, the sensor is not at the proper temperature and will prevent the system from being ready. Could also be a faulty thermostat, or even your PCM may be malfunctioning.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X