still failing emissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still failing emissions

ok so I replaced my cat a while back and as a result, the rear o2 went bad, throwing a p0137 code. I just installed an o2 sim a few days ago and the SES light went off, but i still failed emissions. The guy said there's a pending p0137 code.

What do I need to do to fix this? Has the o2 sim not been on long enough or something?

Re: still failing emissions

Just need to reset the PCM and hopefully it doesn't show up pending again.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

how long do i need to let the battery sit disconnected to ensure its reset?

Comment

I would use a scanner to reset it , you can buy one for like $30.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

well i did that the first time around. I went to autozone 2 weeks ago and cleared the code, then went and got the inspection/emissions..but it couldn't pass emissions because the sensors were in "not ready" status. So I drove around for a few days and in the meantime bought a o2 sim, then the code came on so I instlaled the sim and after a day of driving it went off on its own. I went today to get it checked again and it still has the o2 sensor heater offline and evap system offline. one more needs to be on to pass, plus now there's the pending p0137 code. I'm hoping after resetting the PCM, it'll kick everything back on, codefree. otherwise that sim was a waste of 50 bucks.

Comment

I've got a sim in my rear O2 and no pending codes...

Comment

Is because u tripped the code before the O2 sensor was applied, just because the light goes out the code doesn't clear until the engine cycles again and the PCM re-adjusts

Comment

ok so it's been over a week of driving and I just received some new software I bought: ElmScan 5. And I plugged it in, it's showing no DTCs, however, my emissions systems are still not back online. I still have 4 systems offline. How long does it take to get these back on?

Comment

to be more specific,
                  EVAP System still isn't on
                  O2 Sensor Heater still isn't on
                  Catalyst still isn't on

No SES light, no DTC codes. It's been atleast a week since i reset the PCM, car has ran fine without any problems given that the guy who did my emissions said he was surprised my car was running fine w/o half the systems online.

Just not sure if the systems are malfunctioned, but I would figure a code to be on if that were the case. My gas gauge has been broken for quite sometime now, didn't know if that would cause the EVAP to malfunction.

Or do I need more miles/time on the car for these systems to kick back on?

Comment

How long are your drives? I think it needs 2 trips of at least 30 miles or something to that effect for the systems to go to a ready state.
                    96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

i'm lucky to hit 5 miles one way. i guess i'll have to take a trip somewhere

Comment

Yeah definitely need to rack up the miles.. Hell, I had a Volvo s70 before my bird and my O2 needed to be replaced and I drove for over 100 miles and the system still was not ready. Contact GM for your best answer

Comment

Just buy $30 code reader and your done,plus you can use it if any other codes pop up.

Comment

i did buy a reader. i bought elm scan 5. i just drove 40 miles today & they are still in the not ready state. ive put atleast 200 miles since i put the o2 sim in & removed the code.

Comment

The reader should clear the codes, if its coming back on then the sim isn't working.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X