egr block off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egr block off

Hey guys, I have an exhaust leak coming from the header side of my egr. The tube is fine, but the piece that bolts to my header is bent and it keeps burning through gaskets. I'm in the process of making some block off plates out of 1/8" steel, and I was wondering if I should put a gasket under the plates or if copper rtv would be good enough. Also what's to keep them from shifting in the future and causing leaks? Would the 1 bolt per plate be enough to hold them? Thanks guys.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Re: egr block off

Those of you who deleted your egr, where did you mount your dip stick?
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Same place just used a zip tie to the bolt at the head stud.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah that's what I ended up doing. I used a piece of electric fence wire and wrapped it around the tube twice then each end around the stud and threaded the nut back on it. I've got it all done, I just want to wait till the rtv is dry before I start her up.
        Last edited by espey_16; 06-07-2012, 08:45 PM.
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

That should hold it.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

does your dip stick tube ever pull out of the hole when you check your oil? I need to find a way to secure mine in the block, I keep forgetting to hold it in place when I check my oil.
            1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Doesn't egr need to be tuned out anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by espey_16 View Post
                Those of you who deleted your egr, where did you mount your dip stick?
                I swap a broken egr (base and tube) to a used one, but didn't have the hole to screw the dip stick black tube. So, I just hold it to the black handle of the engine with a door spring. It have been working great for about three years, and it look nice to me. If you still have the egr valve base, it'll work for you, if not it help you some, I think.
                Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

I took care of it with some jb weld. Went to check my oil after I wrote my last post on this topic and I could see the bottom of my dipstick as I was looking down toward the starter. The tube was out of the hole it goes in in the block.
                  1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X