Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Raspy exhaust fix question

Originally posted by mousemonster1232 View Post
    I would recommendit. It lets your car breathe a lot better. One of the basic mods. I did it with my headers. Same time. And if you're gonna put in a resonator for example it is a waste of money because you'll need a brand new one when you increase tube size.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure about that because it'll be a hell of a hassle to change it all to 3" over here in Europe...it's easy to do back in the States.

In any case, do you think I should get a high flow cat from magnaflow, install the resonator and then what type of muffler should I use? Maybe the Borla XR-1 in place of the stock muffler? Would this be good?

Comment

I don't know anything about life over there but ask a shop to do it? And that'd be more quiet and restriction than one of our set-ups.

I'm not sure what your goal is for exhaust or the car itself, sound, aggressive, turbo, cam, just better MPG, etc.

Comment

My goal for the car at the moment is to fix up the exhaust to sound good...without the rasp and to have a little rumble, nothing too loud...I don't plan any cam or anything like that down the road...maybe a turbo but the problem is that when you start getting into these things in Southeastern Europe, you are looking for trouble as every major modification is a new cause for trouble for other stock parts that are not going to be able to take the beating from these other modified parts...I don't have to mention how expensive it is to order parts from the US paying for shipping and customs on top of the original cost, imagine paying double the normal price of the part.

My point is that without a plan to do heavy mods such as cam and other things, I don't see the point in upgrading the piping to 3"...

Do you think that I should have a high flow cat from magnaflow, then do the resonator you recommended and at the end should I put the Borla XR-1 instead of the stock muffler or some other muffler such as the dynomax turbo?
        Last edited by Phantom_WS6; 02-22-2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Do a resonator with all straight pipe and a muffler then. The longer the resonator the deeper the noise.

Comment

Do a resonator with all straight pipe and a muffler then. The longer the resonator the deeper the noise.

So you suggest that I shouldn't do a catalyc converter at all? Can you please recommend a resonator for deeper sound for stock piping?

---
            I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.015764,21.382377

Comment

Goerlich Xlerator muffler and pacesetters sound the best to me, no rasp at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom_WS6 View Post
                So you suggest that I shouldn't do a catalyc converter at all? Can you please recommend a resonator for deeper sound for stock piping?
                Not unless necessary. Its just a flow blocker in my opinion. You could call or look on Dynomax website for the same exact one as the p/n 24222 but with 2.5-2.5 or whatever size your piping is. 2.25-2.25 for stock I guess.

Comment

Not unless necessary. Its just a flow blocker in my opinion. You could call or look on Dynomax website for the same exact one as the p/n 24222 but with 2.5-2.5 or whatever size your piping is. 2.25-2.25 for stock I guess.

Ok, I'll try to find one of those..niw are these resonators glasspacked inside in order to block the high frequency sounds, such as the raspiness?

By the way, thanks for all the help everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe it is technically a glasspack as opposed to a resonator, yes.

Comment

And remember, the longer it is, the deeper and less raspy.

Comment

The bigger diameter is going to cut rasp down, also longer too.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Ok...thanks guys, I really appreciate all of your help and advice...if you think of anything else that would be helpful, please tell me :wavey:

Comment

Just a thought..do any of you guys know how big of a resonator I can fit under the car where the straight pipe is after the catalyc converter? A 4" in diameter or larger? And also the length?

Comment

Mines a diesel resonator thats 8"s long, 8" diameter and is 3" in/out. Looks like a Cat is on it.
                              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                                Mines a diesel resonator thats 8"s long, 8" diameter and is 3" in/out. Looks like a Cat is on it.
                                Do you have any problems with ground clearance?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X