finally installing my Pacesetters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: finally installing my Pacesetters

I was gonna ask how this was going earlier. When you did the studs, did you thread them all the way down in the block? I had the same problem with mine, had to grind the header a little. I took the heads off and threaded the studs down the rest of the way and the header fit like it was supposed to. Pissed me off because I ground the header for no reason.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

I did the studs about a year ago, there threaded down the RK's fit better than the Pacesetters. Will see how much I grind down , might order RK's again.lol
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

what are you having to grind down? when u say headstuds. u mean like header bolt studs?

Comment

No head studs that go into the block, having to grind down the header flange, finally got the drivers done. Now need to get the gasket in and start work on the pass. side.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Finally got the drivers side done, what a pain. On to the pass. side. lol

Comment

Are they only difficult to install because of the head bolts you're using?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mousemonster1232 View Post
                Are they only difficult to install because of the head bolts you're using?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
                Yes the head bolts stick up some so its harder, with the help of Meatyshells aka Ryan got the Passenger side done , now on to the exhaust shop this week.

Comment

Dose Meatyshells still have his car? Havent seen him around on here in awhile.
                  3M MAFIA
                  ________
                  | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                  Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes. he bought a 03' CTS Caddy V6 saw it and got a sample tour in it yesterday, pretty quick. Still has his 00' camaro though.
                    Last edited by ssms5411; 01-16-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X