finally installing my Pacesetters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally installing my Pacesetters

Finally after 6 months I'm installing my Pacesetters, My current RK sport headers I grinded down too much and caused a leak my ARP head studs were getting in the way. Getting them off was a pain on the Pass. side DR. side was easy. Going to start again tomorrow putting the new ones on. After I get them on I can finally run my nitrous.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

What length tubing are you running? (Shorties, mid, long)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: finally installing my Pacesetters

Pacesetter shorties, although they say their mid length, 1.5" primaries, my RK were 1.75". I also had V-bands installed at the ends so they will not leak.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Are you installing, or having someone do it?

Comment

I'm doing them, not many shops get to work on my car.lol side note my back is killing me, but oh well. Its worth it to drive it again. Next will be the replacing the front cover.

Comment

Are you going with exhaust clamps or welding it in?

Comment

Doing V-bands so it won't leak, already welded the V-bands to the headers, so I just need the Y pipe welded with V-Bands, their usually done with turbi setups so N/A it should never leak.

Comment

Caught a problem getting them lined up will have to wait until the weekend Meatyshells is going to help me out once again.lol

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                  Caught a problem getting them lined up will have to wait until the weekend Meatyshells is going to help me out once again.lol
                  Glad to see you gettin back to it on the camaro. I will be moving to El Paso end of January, so I may be hitting up some racing out that way. About how far are you from El Paso?
                  Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Pretty far you'll have to go through New Mexico so its pretty far, Texas is big also.lol Are you moving because of the military?

Comment

What's a V band and how does that work?

Are you using stage 8 bolts?

Which one do you think will be better, RKSports or Pacesetters? I always wanted to get RKSports but the Pace ones look longer. I doubt RKSports is still around.

Comment

They don't sell RK's anymore, looks like RK has bigger holes than the Pacetter, I have had the RK's for about 12years and they still look good, the Pacesetters look cheap compared to the RK's, I would of bought RK's if they were still around. I have stage 8 bolts but will use the studs and a couple of stage 8 bolts for the ones I lost, studs are easier to put in. V-bands are round connectors like for a turbo , they go flat agaisnt each other with a clamp. So no gasket is required. RK sport headers are much longer than the Pacesetters.

Comment

Ok, thanks Steve. Where can one get a V band?

Comment

Ebay is most common I think.

Comment

Damm head studs are in the way again and have to grind down the headers again. What a pain, I would give it a second thought installing head studs again.lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X