Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please help with exhaust setup

I can't listen to the sound clip.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I'll try and convert it.

Ok here is the sound in an mp3 file...

http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/30119879/file.html
      Last edited by Phantom_WS6; 10-05-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

You just need to break it in. IMO

When I had my borla put in it made that raspy sound. I thought there was a mistake in the installation. Once I've put in 5k on it the sound got better.

Just bring it around some more and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
          You just need to break it in. IMO

When I had my borla put in it made that raspy sound. I thought there was a mistake in the installation. Once I've put in 5k on it the sound got better.

Just bring it around some more and see what happens.
          I haven't put in the Borla yet. That sound is with the stock muffler and no catalytic.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
            3" pipes for the win. I dunno true duals. I'll try and get a video of my setup, it sounds nice.
            Dual 3 inch is way too big. One three inch IMO is too big for our cars, but I know a lot of people swear by them. I have 2.5 and enjoy the low end I get, since I have had both.

Here is a website with true dual set ups on some f-body cars. The X-pipe and borla's damn near eliminate the raspy sound you hear. In your clip, I can hear exhaust leaks too, not helping the sound.
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

a 3 inch pipe from the y back to your muffler would be the easiest, sound really good, and give better performance. If you wanted true duals, you can do it you'll just have crappier ground clearance. I have a 2 1/4 (biggest you will want to do for duals) x-pipe on my car, and I love it. Ill never go back.

heres what it sounds like :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9AyT...el_video_title
              auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
              15.11@91.14
              Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

suprised you didn't get check engine light with no cat. Warning for all check engine light makes engine run in open loop mode and so does running over 3/4 throttle. So kinda defeats purpose of intake and exhaust if Maf is eliminated from Computer readings. Only thing working is Throttle position sensor.
                Last edited by Kenneth; 10-09-2011, 04:53 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

the rear o2 sensor does nothing except detect if the cat is working correctly. It doesn't effect performance or modify A/f ratios. Thats all from the front o2's.
                  auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
                  15.11@91.14
                  Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

No computer goes into limp mode when ses light comes on. Happen to be ASE in engine computer control systems straight A's and easy A's for people in my group!

Comment

read this. http://www.zr2usa.com/mboard/lofiver...hp?t47439.html

Comment

The computer does NOT go into limp mode with an SES light. I drove my car around for 5 months with not a SINGLE o2 sensor on my car, not one, and while it ran rich, it ran. Hell, I drove my car home from work one day with the SES light flashing from a p0300 code, and the reduced engine power light never came on. It still tach'd out, but sounded like ***. I had an injector plug broken, and I was chasing spark plug wires.

Whether you have your ASE or not, many people have driven cars without the rear o2 sensor and have had no problems.
                        Last edited by flamingchicken; 10-11-2011, 02:50 AM.
                        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

No rear o2's on either of my cars for years. In fact, I'm pretty certain that open loop only eliminates the A/F ratio correction the o2 sensors in your headers make. So the engine's fueling relies on how the MAF and other intake sensors are calibrated via tuning.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Kenneth View Post
                            No computer goes into limp mode when ses light comes on. Happen to be ASE in engine computer control systems straight A's and easy A's for people in my group!
                            you happen to be completely wrong. so GTFO

Comment

Originally posted by Kenneth View Post
                              false. Is that why my car ran a 15 flat with an SES light on? LOL. A's dont mean anything if you don't know what your talking about.

New Time:
                              15.11@91.14
                              Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Yeah, and the ASE guys at Belletire here try to convince me that I have struts.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X