Which exhaust should i go with??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which exhaust should i go with??

I don't have a vid , but mine is dumped before the axle with a dynomax bullet race muffler and its too loud, I will be redoing mine back to over the axle with 2 21/2" outlets to reduce the sound some.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

well tomorrow im just getting the headers done, ill be doing a little research on how to redo the rest of the exhaust. we shall see...ill post a vid of before and after tomorrow and go from there

Comment

I need to get a video of mine... DST's sound good.

Comment

get me a vid!! lol is this your current setup? and you ran it through two mufflers before dumping it?

Comment

I run 2, yeah. But one is a race muffler for a diesel. No cats.

Comment

i doubt i could do that cz of emissions lol

Comment

Nope. I don't have emissions, and when I do, my shop does emission testing.

Comment

Originally posted by firebird19_99 View Post
                  All i currently have is a 2 1/2" dynomax muffler with 3" magnaflow tips. Im getting my headers put in this weekend and my original idea was just to go with the headers and change the intermediate and over axle pipe to 2 1/2" since its still 2 1/4". i already bought the headers, and pipe but now im thinking of just dumping it all before the axle with a borla xr-1 and getting a turndown put in? opinions? im looking for it to sound better (deeper tone)
                  personally I would leave the 2 1/2 because unless you have force induction then you will need some of that back pressure. However if you decide to go forced induction i would run 3 inch there is no need to go any larger unless you switch to a V8

Comment

Jeeps use a 3 inch Cat and they are high flow cats too they will not hinder performance and keep you legit

Comment

thats why i havent gone 3" because i read before that you needed atleast a little backpressure.

Comment

I'm running straight through, at 7000ft. My car runs just fine.

Comment

well dropped it off to the mechanic today hes charging 160, also recommended changing the oil pan and the gasket bc mine was bent from hitting something and was leaking oil...total bill for everything including parts is 410, 160 for the headers, 120 for the oil pan fix and 130 for the oil pan and gasket. Costing alot more than i thought lol

Comment

Gawd... you mechanic is cheap. I was told 700 for install only on headers, and the gasket alone for your oil pan is $45..

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                              I'm running straight through, at 7000ft. My car runs just fine.
                              it may run fine to what you are use to however unless you try different things and have the car on a dyno how do you know what is the best??? after all this is what i do for a living.

Comment

Never touched a dyno. Never been tuned. I have pipes, and everything else is stock... after I get deeper into the car I'll worry about the small amount of power difference I would have.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X