Which exhaust should i go with??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which exhaust should i go with??

All i currently have is a 2 1/2" dynomax muffler with 3" magnaflow tips. Im getting my headers put in this weekend and my original idea was just to go with the headers and change the intermediate and over axle pipe to 2 1/2" since its still 2 1/4". i already bought the headers, and pipe but now im thinking of just dumping it all before the axle with a borla xr-1 and getting a turndown put in? opinions? im looking for it to sound better (deeper tone)

Re: Which exhaust should i go with??

Its pretty loud having it dumped before the axle, I'm redoiing mine for the 10th time.LOL, replacing my old RK's which a flange is leaking to Pacetters and new Y pipe, desil resonnator(where cat used to be) then my Dynomax bullett racing muffler and having it go back over the axle and have 2 1/2 pipes come down into turdowns. Will see though.
    Good luck on yours.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

its so hard because theres so many choices lol I got the dynomax because you recommended it before. I like it but wanted something different. How loud is it dumping it before the axle? and thanks good luck on yours too

Comment

I currently run 3" Dynomax with no cat and it's decently loud. My sound system drones it out easily, but then again the system easily hits 130dB. It sounds good, but I'll reserve true judgement until I get headers. And as far as dumping, I ran it y-pipe, into 3" race muffler (instead of a cat), into the muffler, and it sounded amazing. It just hung down too low for a daily driver, since Dynomax ST's are large..

Comment

i have to go with dumping it before the axle, yea its loud but since you already ran it before i know it sounds good. The change of heart (lol) came earlier today when i saw a v6 bird that sounded really nice and noticed it was dumped before the axle and had turn downs. My mind is made i just have to lol So you had it dumped before the axle with no headers?

Comment

Yupp. Just race muffler on the Y, then cutout, and muffler, no extra pipes. And no turndown either. It sounded good, but was done wrong. It's no really possible to ge pre-axles with a full size dynomax. I have mine 3" out the back now and it sounds excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
              Yupp. Just race muffler on the Y, then cutout, and muffler, no extra pipes. And no turndown either. It sounded good, but was done wrong. It's no really possible to ge pre-axles with a full size dynomax. I have mine 3" out the back now and it sounds excellent.
              I wonder who gave you that idea? LOL
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

^^your our inspiration lol

Comment

Originally posted by firebird19_99 View Post
                  ^^your our inspiration lol

That and the Dynomax muffler.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    I wonder who gave you that idea? LOL
                    Oh, I dunno. Probably some guy in AZ that thinks too much of himself :P

Comment

Oh, I dunno. Probably some guy in AZ that thinks too much of himself :P

LOL, now thats funny,LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                        LOL, now thats funny,LOL
                        I do what I can. I just woke up too. You should see me after I have a chance to fully move and stuff....

Comment

I do what I can. I just woke up too. You should see me after I have a chance to fully move and stuff....
                          Moving is way over rated...

To the OP, I have FFF longtubes with duals and x pipe with XR-1's that dump before the axle. I will warn you now, it is quite loud. So loud it makes the house vibrate when it is idling in the garage.
                          Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                          Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                          Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                          Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                          Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

^Used to vibrate the dishes in the cabinets when my car idled in the garage. FFF LT's and TSP rumbler lol!

Comment

too bad im not getting anything special like longtubes or an x-pipe lol just getting the headers put in tomorrow then buying the xr-1 to redo the exhaust. Anyone have a video of how loud it is dumping before the axle?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X