• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Over heating

ok thanks

Comment

I hit about 220 degrees according to Scangauge. (+-)5 degrees during driving.

Comment

cool i was just scared i was running hot but mine only hits 210 when sitting for a long time and usualy my temp during daily driveing is around 170-185

Comment

you don't need a bigger pump. Our cars don't like running too cold. So you are right where you should be. elect. waterpump is if you are chasing every last HP for racing
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

well my car is doing great after my gasket change with the lower temps like 170-180 i can fell the power the whole time im in my car so im one happy guy

Comment

plus before i couldnt churp 1st to 2nd when i drove for a wile because my engine got hot but now i can do it any time my heart desires

Comment

That also depends on how hot your tires are, when cold they will chirp more than while hot.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8lcoty View Post
                  im sure this is not English class its more like texting a friend so i do not think i have to do everything perfect but thanks
                  Except only a handful of people can understand you. Instead of using your phone to get on a message board, use a computer, or get a better phone.
                  1995 Pontiac Firebird
                  2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
                    Except only a handful of people can understand you. Instead of using your phone to get on a message board, use a computer, or get a better phone.

uhh well thanks but i am pretty sure i use proper English i just do not use all the punctuation's that i should but like i said before this is not English class and i came on here for help not to be criticized by people who think they are English teachers.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8lcoty View Post
                      uhh well thanks but i am pretty sure i use proper English i just do not use all the punctuation's that i should but like i said before this is not English class and i came on here for help not to be criticized by people who think they are English teachers.
                      I got no problem helping, but I simply can't understand what you're saying.....
                      1995 Pontiac Firebird
                      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
                        I got no problem helping, but I simply can't understand what you're saying.....

i have said nothing that should be hard to understand so get off here if you not going to help me because i cant help you dont understand what im saying, i mean come on other people sure do understand what im asking.so if you dont understand just dont say anything.

Comment

but thanks for the help everything is going good and im getting a 170 drilled thermostat to keep down temps

Comment

Seems to me there's some misunderstanding about thermostats.

A 160, 170 or 180 'stat does not good if the system cannot cool down to that level.

The stock 4G V6 F-car radiator is a POS with a skinny little core. You can change the fan-ons via calibration, and that can help a little, but what you really need is a bigger radiator.

RockAuto.com sells a Spectra-Premium with a one-inch core vs. the stock 0.625 core. It makes a big difference. Couple that with lower fan-ons and you'll see a useful improvment. Plus, the Spectra-Premium costs less from Rockauto than an OE replacement ACDelco radiator. The Spectra drops right into the stock mounts.

For those making lots of power, even the Spectra will not be adequate. In that case, Fluidyne makes a light-weight, two-core all-aluminum radiator which really cools a ton. It's built the same way Fluidyne's NASCAR radiators are done. The Fluidyne, like the Spectra, is a drop-in fit.

I have a Fluidyne, a 180 'stat, lowered fan-on temps and straight water and Red Line Water Wetter for coolant and on the highway I see ECTs in the mid-170s to mid-180s. In traffic I might get up to 200 on the hottest days--in the desert southwest that means 105-110 degrees. On cooler days I can be in traffic and the fans don't run.

Ran the car on Westech's chassis dyno yesterday and the Fluidyne keep ECTs between 180 and 190 and allowed us to make dyno passes with minimal cooling off time between runs. That's important at 125 bucks an hour for the dyno time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X